• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The January 2024 "Will we actually sign a striker or just Che Adams/Kieffer Moore" Transfer Thread

TEAMtalk bot programmed to barf out several “interested clubs” to hang a story on then? The list is utterly random.

Also not a position of particular need. Placing it in the unlikely pile.

I think O'Neil does see it as a need. He said the other week that he only saw Hwang and Neto as wide options out of our current squad and one of them is injured now.

At a push we could probably make Bellegarde or Cunha work wide right, but like Toti at LB you’d hope to avoid it if possible.

I think O'Neil does see it as a need. He said the other week that he only saw Hwang and Neto as wide options out of our current squad and one of them is injured now.
The other is off for a month from mid Jan

Limp off with a hamstring after 89 minutes of the Everton game on 30th Dec so he can't go. Recovered by Brighton on 22nd Jan.

make-it-so-picard.gif

Plus Traore and RAN at the ANC, fortunately we have better cover there if Bueno ever gets fit, what is wrong with him? Really quiet on him?
Traore isn't currently getting into Mali senior team squads, now that could change particularly if he becomes a PL regular, but I'd say at the moment it's less likely than likely

Gabriel Sara seems to be a good player for Norwich.

Brazilian, CM/AM. Known for his left foot shot and timing runs into the box. Used to be a DM so very combative too. 5 goals and 5 assists this season so far.

I think Norwich's parachute payments dry up next summer so could possibly be had for a non ridiculous fee. Cost them around £11m from Sao Paulo who have a 10% sell on fee.

Not really an area we are short in though.

Screenshot_2023-11-06-11-40-44-087_com.android.chrome-edit.jpg

Gabriel Sara seems to be a good player for Norwich.

Brazilian, CM/AM. Known for his left foot shot and timing runs into the box. Used to be a DM so very combative too. 5 goals and 5 assists this season so far.

I think Norwich's parachute payments dry up next summer so could possibly be had for a non ridiculous fee. Cost them around £11m from Sao Paulo who have a 10% sell on fee.

Not really an area we are short in though.

View attachment 8737
He was rubbish yesterday

Looking forward to three pages on whether he played on the right wing or not when he was 15

We have plenty of central midfielders so we aren’t signing one.
Mario won’t be here forever. I could definitely see us sell someone from midfield if it’s for more than we’d hypothetically pay for Sara.

We are going to buy Doyle permanently in CM. We are t going to be buying someone from Norwich.

Back