• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The January 2024 "Will we actually sign a striker or just Che Adams/Kieffer Moore" Transfer Thread

£9m of the fee didn't end up at Porto. His dad was his agent with Mendes acting on his behalf
There's about a £10M difference between the reported fee that we paid and what Porto reported to their members. Fábio's dad is his agent.
Who hasn't dabbled in bald-faced corruption to the tune of £10million once or twice in their lives, amirite?

I really don't know how we're gunna resolve the Fabio issue. Ideally sell him for both our and his benefit, but who will stump up the cash? Can't see him being valued more than 5m and that's pushing it. Doubt the club will to take that kind of hit. Just leaves a series of loans for a long time.

He just needs to go. I doubt we’d get 5m but if we did we should snap their hand off.

In pure accounting terms then we can take whatever hit in the summer. We'll be £28m through his ludicrous £35m amortisation.

Jeff just needs to accept he got this one badly wrong. Then work out what to do with that arsehole Guedes, who is an even worse signing with even less of an excuse for doing it.

He seemed to be getting linked with lots of clubs in the last window, so even though he’s done nothing here this season, football works in mysterious ways and there’s hope someone will think they can get the best out of him.

Very much agree with those that said he’ll probably leave on loan first and that we need to hope he knocks in a few goals against some farmers, and then someone actually pays money for him in the summer. Not holding out much hope, though - and it sounds like the club are finally starting to realise too.

Football clubs are often stupid (hence how we got here in the first place) but can’t see more than a loan for him. Maybe he has a decent second half of the season somewhere. He didn’t actually do that badly in his minutes on the pitch for PSV.

God knows what you do with Guedes. Be surprised if benfica took him on loan again with how that is going

He has to go on loan and boost value. Then sell him for around £10m with a hefty sell on to try and recoup some money down the line.

Saints paid £15m for Paul Onuachu, so there’s aways hope
Fabio can only dream of halving Onuachu's record in Belgium. 77 goals in 114 apps.

Fabio can only dream of halving Onuachu's record in Belgium. 77 goals in 114 apps.
I know those numbers are real and everything, but I've watched him play and it just makes no sense. Frank Nouble levels of "how did this guy ever pass a trial anywhere".

I know those numbers are real and everything, but I've watched him play and it just makes no sense. Frank Nouble levels of "how did this guy ever pass a trial anywhere".
Ain't got to be a good footballer to be a good player (at a given level), I suppose.

I'm still reeling from that hat trick he just got for Trabzonspor. His first touch (such as it is) is absolutely bizarre.

I’m one of the last members to leave the hopeful fan club. We’ll be lucky to get 10m for him. Shame as he came we a lot of hype and what not, but for both him and wolves, he needs moving on. Will likely have a decent career elsewhere, but not here in the premier league
I'll close the door and turn the light off on my way out...

After seeing him look quite good in the friendlies I was hopeful. I think there were a fair few on here saying we needed to play him with Cunha behind too

Hindsight says we should have sold him to a half decent team for whatever fee we could get and all be happy. Not sure that's happening now

He looked ok vs Rennes but there was some ludicrous showboating going on in what was a kickabout and he still didn't score.

I think people wanted him in as Cunha looked crap as a #9 under Lopetegui, O'Neil has found a way to make that work, FirminoLite style.

He looked ok vs Rennes but there was some ludicrous showboating going on in what was a kickabout and he still didn't score.

I think people wanted him in as Cunha looked crap as a #9 under Lopetegui, O'Neil has found a way to make that work, FirminoLite style.
He has the physical and mental tools to be solid, IMV. But if he hasn’t learned to rectify his attitude issues by now, he never will, and that will kill his career.

I bring him up all the time, but Ricardo Quaresma is proof positive that you can literally have all the footballing talent in the world; you still can’t just coast on that and not be found wanting.

Quaresma was a baller though. Didn't do what he should have done but had a good career regardless and won Euro 2016 when he was nearly 33.

I could easily name you 20 Wolves strikers I've liked more than Fabio in my 35 years of watching us.

Just went straight off my head with 20 in no order and it was dead easy

Bull
Keane
Fletcher
Doyle
SEB
Iwelumo
Goodman
Kelly
Blake
Sturridge
Miller
Dicko
Afobe
Mutch
Raul
Freedman
Ndah
Cunha
Keogh
Ganea

And I left Camara out down to pure spite.

I could probably easily do another 10.

Quaresma was a baller though. Didn't do what he should have done but had a good career regardless and won Euro 2016 when he was nearly 33.

I could easily name you 20 Wolves strikers I've liked more than Fabio in my 35 years of watching us.

Yep, has multiple league championship medals across several countries including serie a. Plus a European Championship winners medal with Portugal along with 80 caps (probably has a champions league winners medal too having played for Inter in the competition in 2009). Fabio ain't touching that if he plays until he's 40, which Quaresma is also still doing.

Back