• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The January 2024 "Will we actually sign a striker or just Che Adams/Kieffer Moore" Transfer Thread

I think those Sara stats maybe covering a multitude of other sins.

I went on the Pinkun (Jesus what a dungheap of a forum). Their fans think they have one good player who is keeping them away from relegation. This is not Sara. This is JOSH fucking SARGENT.

If he is a stand out that is a red flag on every single other member of their squad.

In Johnny Philips recent E & S article, he reckons the club won't be spending much but are looking at a '9' and a winger/wide forward, also it seems we've given up on Fabio.
Che Adams and Iannacho are unlikely more likely to be from abroad.

If we are keeping a back 3 we need another centre half. 4 is asking for trouble, so is Doherty being classed as the 5th option and there isn't an Academy lad close to being ready. Best case would be a young player who can replace Dawson as first choice next season.

I’m not sure how much more we need to see of him. He propped up Matt Miazga so hard that MM won MLS DotY.

I won’t need to tell y’all that Miazga ain’t that good.

IMO Yerson needs to be involved here sooner than later if he’s going to become a fixture in the squad.

From that Johnny Phillips piece
"Whereas some recognise the club must suffer a huge financial hit on the player and make a clean break, those who write the cheques still want to recoup a large sum of money.

That is surely unrealistic, but it may lead to the player leaving on loan rather than being allowed to depart permanently, despite it being better for all parties if a definitive line was drawn under the episode."

Jeff's ego remains undefeated

He can kid himself if he likes, reality bites eventually.

No-one is spending money on him in January anyway so it's a problem to be parked.

I'm glad that we've finally recognised that he's not good enough though. The wording in the article 'He's had enough chances' suggests to me that it's not just poor performances but attitude as well.

If there were clubs interested in the summer at around the £15-20M range we should've flogged him then. We'd do well to get £10M for him now.

I think the best possible scenario now is that we get him a loan move in January to a shitty league where he can scramble a few goals in against some part timers and fool someone into paying actual money for him in the summer.

Last edited:
We've belatedly realised ourselves that O'Neil is no fool, those glaring misses early in the season, eye rolling when he's being given instructions on the sidelines, terrible sub appearances where he always makes us look way worse as soon as he comes on, he won't tolerate it. Why would he, he's got no dog in the fight, he wasn't anywhere near here when we bought him.

I can't think of any situation where I'd want to bring him on let alone start him.

I’m one of the last members to leave the hopeful fan club. We’ll be lucky to get 10m for him. Shame as he came we a lot of hype and what not, but for both him and wolves, he needs moving on. Will likely have a decent career elsewhere, but not here in the premier league

I’m one of the last members to leave the hopeful fan club. We’ll be lucky to get 10m for him. Shame as he came we a lot of hype and what not, but for both him and wolves, he needs moving on. Will likely have a decent career elsewhere, but not here in the premier league
Cutrone mk II.

We should be swapping him for some actual talent, probably Portuguese, as I think that's the best we'll get at this point.

Cutrone mk II.

We should be swapping him for some actual talent, probably Portuguese, as I think that's the best we'll get at this point.
Can't see it, he's on far too much money here for a mid-ranking Portuguese side (the big three plus Braga wouldn't be interested) to take him on.

Can't see it, he's on far too much money here for a mid-ranking Portuguese side (the big three plus Braga wouldn't be interested) to take him on.
Swap him and bung him a bit to get rid. Or his dad anyway. Allegedly

Think I'm missing some context here.
There's about a £10M difference between the reported fee that we paid and what Porto reported to their members. Fábio's dad is his agent.

Back