• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The January 2024 "Will we actually sign a striker or just Che Adams/Kieffer Moore" Transfer Thread

- It better not be Che fuckin Adams.

I wonder if Hobbs/O'Neil will have moved on from Che Adams by the time we get to january?

edit - posted as kennster and the bear have a to and fro!

You can only sell what someone will buy...

Based on his performances in a Wolves shirt this season there'll be little to no interest in him, he's been rank.
Counterpoint: club execs are idiots.

The club saying we are skint is sensible, it's a narrative they're happy to continue with.

If they've had 4 more months to scout and assess options and still go for Adams, then....well....wow.
I obviously joke but he will be on our radar.

We know the January window is a fucker and extra so when its someone who you want to score you goals. Every chance the majority of our options we will be priced out of and we won't do what we did in the last Jan window and massively over pay to get a player.

If O'Neil can get Hwang scoring, I'm sure he can get Che Adams to hold up a football and lay off a short pass

Reactions: b3h
If O'Neil can get Hwang scoring, I'm sure he can get Che Adams to hold up a football and lay off a short pass
Even I don’t think this is true, and rating shit players is kind of my thing.

I don't think it'll be Che Adams. We were after boulaye dia, so hopefully someone like that.

Percy saying we won't go back for Dia and Adams remains on the old broken down and needs new batteries radar

My guess will be a few others ahead of Adams and he will be the last second scramble we fail to get over the line, again.

Last edited:
Also possible that we've changed what we want now. Cunha has found his FirminoLite role so maybe we want someone to back that up rather than an out and out #9 (you could say Sasa and at a push Fraser can cover that bit, #Starboy can do one if possible).

Also possible that we've changed what we want now. Cunha has found his FirminoLite role so maybe we want someone to back that up rather than an out and out #9 (you could say Sasa and at a push Fraser can cover that bit, #Starboy can do one if possible).
Not sure Sasa will back up Cunha, they're just so different, maybe that's not such a bad thing though.

Or a Jota-lite type that can cover any of the front 3 maybe
There's where I hope we look. I think that Sarabia would have to move on first.

I wouldn't be surprised to see us go for 2 of these types, one to play up front directly. More of a Nunez than Jota type.

That would mean Fabio gone too.

Not sure Sasa will back up Cunha, they're just so different, maybe that's not such a bad thing though.
Sorry, didn't explain that particularly well.

Sasa clearly can't do what Cunha has been doing for us since the City game, in fact we have no-one else who can do that. So we might sign another who can.

In the summer we seemed to be after a penalty box striker but if by Christmas Sasa can play a decent amount of minutes then he fills that brief (when we want that kind of player) and we don't really need another one (so it'll be no ta to Adams who doesn't do much but go on odd mini-scoring streaks).

You'd hope we'd go for a striker who has a reasonable amount of pace. Sasa is fine but looks like he's running up a Travelator when trying to counter with any speed.

Just to back up my thing about Adams only scoring in streaks, he's currently on 0 goals in 8 games for Southampton after starting the season with 3 in 3. Always been the same through his whole career, no way you can rely on him providing goals reliably, he does bugger all else and with the benefit of us not being totally mired in the bottom three (we won't be) and having months to look for someone as opposed to scrambling for whatever's left at the end of a window, we shouldn't be going anywhere near him.

Back