• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The January 2024 "Will we actually sign a striker or just Che Adams/Kieffer Moore" Transfer Thread

I could name 20 Albion players I like more than Fabio Silva tbf.

Even if you park the sordid fee and murky payments you're left with the player who we're rapidly approaching consensus on being not good enough for a top league.

The sooner a thick bold line is drawn under the whole affair the better.

When you factor in football inflation £500k for Kevin Ashley in 1990 was patently ridiculous, especially as we already had multiple serviceable right backs.

We quietly wrote that one off after a couple of years, we didn't claim that accchewallly he's worth £2m and you just can't see it.

Well the point was (or was supposed to be) that Fabio is categorically not as talented as Quaresma yet he acts the same way.

Last edited:
I think people prefer Adama to Fabio. That says enough.

Villarreal want Guedes in January.

Their manager had him at Valencia when he looked like he could play football.

It's via Nixon but I am taking it as being true

Jose Sa wanted by a Saudi club....£40m fee
FOURTY MILLION.

We are looking for a replacement
Give us £50m and we'll throw a young superstar striker in as well.

FOURTY MILLION.

nah

FOURTY MILLION.

That would be bloody epic. We could get a LOT of keeper for less than £40m

FOURTY MILLION.

Was the headline when you wish upon a Sa? Because it's a complete fairy story

Was the headline when you wish upon a Sa? Because it's a complete fairy story
Nixon has a mixed history with rumours for us. A good way to spot if he has some insight is if he name checks people at the club. In this case he has chucked in Cutler as leading the search to find a replacement in Europe.

I'm going with this one has legs. (But then I've had limited sleep this week so may be delirious)

Nixon has a mixed history with rumours for us. A good way to spot if he has some insight is if he name checks people at the club. In this case he has chucked in Cutler as leading the search to find a replacement in Europe.

I'm going with this one has legs. (But then I've had limited sleep this week so may be delirious)
Why would they pay £40m though, when they could get him for half that I'd have thought? The only way there's anything in that fee is if Mendes/Jeff is going to make us spend it on some more of his tosh.

Will agree the fee he has reported is bollocks but will say the interest is real.

Obviously the Saudis can afford to throw ridiculous money at players but it does seem odd that they seem to make offers the selling club don’t even need to think twice about.

Think Sa is another player that’s improved under GON. Perhaps like RAN, he (or the coaching staff in the goalkeeping department) are trying to coach out the “crazy stuff”, or at least to only do it when it’s appropriate.

Either way, if there’s any truth in it, we don’t turn down that kind of offer.

Cutrone mk II.

We should be swapping him for some actual talent, probably Portuguese, as I think that's the best we'll get at this point.
Yeah, he’ll never be a top player. If he does I’d be totally baffled with what we’ve seen here. Cut our losses

Back