• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The January 2024 "Will we actually sign a striker or just Che Adams/Kieffer Moore" Transfer Thread

Moment starts @ 7:50, although in fairness it plays out way differently to how I remembered. I'm still not sure what Sá is doing (he's still lost in no-man's land) but it's not as awful as I recalled it to be.
He is where he is as we are high up the pitch. They break and he goes back and then holds his new position because he can intercept or close down if the ball is played for Johnson to chase long. Instead the ball is played close to him and the defenders, enough to stop Sa coming out. He can't start to race backwards or else he gives Johnson the chance to take a touch and shoot before he is set.

His final position gives Johnson 2 options. Take a touch and potentially give the defenders a chance of challenging or allowing Sa to then go to him or try the lob. He gets it right he scores but he didn't and even if he did I wouldn't put that down as anything from his brain fart hitlist or poor keeping. In a rapid break Sa made the right choices for me there.

Well worth £40m for me Mr Oil King...

Oh I meant the (sorta) Cruyff turn he pulled super early in the game.

Oh I meant the (sorta) Cruyff turn he pulled super early in the game.
He had that under control...issue would have been if the Spurs player had stood 10 yards away between Dawson and Kilman with the ball at Sa's feet. Guaranteed he would have got the ball then

Sa has improved lately after some very poor performances early in the season (Everton being the outlier) and at the back end of last season. Mainly calming down his hair-brained distribution which directly cost us two goals in September and turned all the momentum at Palace. However it's only three games since his howler against Newcastle, not sure how that's been forgotten so quickly and readily. Wouldn't say he covered himself in glory for Archer's goal at Bramall Lane either.

Sa has improved lately after some very poor performances early in the season (Everton being the outlier) and at the back end of last season. Mainly calming down his hair-brained distribution which directly cost us two goals in September and turned all the momentum at Palace. However it's only three games since his howler against Newcastle, not sure how that's been forgotten so quickly and readily. Wouldn't say he covered himself in glory for Archer's goal at Bramall Lane either.
To be fair, you said yourself there was a lot of mitigation on the Newcastle goal?

Archer has twatted that, and twatted that early, his positioning wasn't great though, not helped by Toti's shite U11s clearance I'd imagine.

Which 2 goals in September?

Last edited:
To be fair, you said yourself there was a lot of mitigation on the Newcastle goal?

Archer has twatted that, and twatted that early, his positioning wasn't great though, not helped by Toti's shite U11s clearance I'd imagine.

Which 2 goals in September?
There's no mitigation on the Newcastle goal, he chose to come for it over a Wolves player and dropped it. That's just on him. Sheff U he's high up and caught out of position, but that's because of Toti's U13 defending, not him.

The September goals were Liverpool's 2nd and Luton's penalty, both came about because of his shite distribution

Last edited:
I agree on the Newcastle goal, Traore was under him (which was shit) and it's wet, he should punch it.

Miss kick v Liverpool, yep, although there were obviously others who could have done a hell of a lot more.

It was the term "directly" that is clearly very harsh, especially on the Luton penalty.

Last edited:
He had that under control...issue would have been if the Spurs player had stood 10 yards away between Dawson and Kilman with the ball at Sa's feet. Guaranteed he would have got the ball then

He did, but we've seen plenty of 'keepers royally shank those kind of moves and look like proper lemons

We should sell Sa and get Ramsdale in to replace him.

(DW just felt a great disturbance in the force)

My God they are DESPERATE to sell him and keep all this contract info in the news. Hard steer elsewhere for me, looking at that.

Back