• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The January 2024 "Will we actually sign a striker or just Che Adams/Kieffer Moore" Transfer Thread

You tell him that, he's the one complaining he isn't getting any minutes.
Sure, but it’s meaningless noise. He’s not going to play except in a truly dire emergency and nothing he tells the press changes that.

Especially when what he’s saying is lowkey sniping at the current manager.

"It’s always difficult to (get into the side) because there is quality in the squad,” the midfielder said

Obviously I’m not happy with where I am at, at the moment. I want to be doing more than I am doing at the moment and feel I’m capable of that.

There are still a few months left until January. I’m going to do my best to get into the team, but if there’s no change then I think I will be looking to go out and get some minutes because I think that’s the most important thing for me at the minute.

The last 12 months have been a hundred times better than what the previous few years were, so I can’t have any complaints about that. Obviously, the last six months have not gone the way I wanted them to, for the most part, but that is through no fault of my own.

I have been working hard and have been trying to take every opportunity that I have been given. In pre-season I was playing well and taking all the opportunities I was given. But I guess that is football, the way things change so quickly.

Had the old gaffer stayed (Julen Lopetegui), things would probably have been a little different for me now. But I guess that’s just the way things go. Nothing has changed in the way I am keeping myself going. I’m pushing to get myself in the team."

Had the old gaffer stayed (Julen Lopetegui), things would probably have been a little different for me now. But I guess that’s just the way things go.
This is where he loses me.

He made the bench in his last game against Arsenal, he didn't do so in the previous 6, so that doesn't really stand up to scrutiny
Probably based on his starts in pre season under him.

Gomes was carrying a slight injury, Bouba didn't get back until really late after playing for Mali and Doyle/Bellegarde weren't even here, so even that doesn't stack up.

He was awful vs Rennes and like in 2-3 of his other first team appearances he was hauled off at HT to be replaced by a proper player.

Gomes wasn't fit and Traore only just back from Mali U21s, so if he's basing it on that then he's deluding himself

Do you think that LL gives the players or the club a proof read of the headline or articles considering they are probably done on a voluntary basis? Just wandering because the line - Joe Hodge has warned he will seek a January move away from Wolves if his Premier League minutes do not improve - is hardly going to be a popular within the club. I get that he wants to be playing and there's no harm in having confidence in your own ability but when the local client journalist stirs up a bit of trouble then it can't be a positive thing.

Depends who Hodge actually spoke to.

I don't think it was the E&S directly as his quotes are in the Irish press.

As such then the E&S can do what they like with their headline.

Maybe he'll go with the "lost in translation" angle when he's asked what this nonsense is on his return.

Der's more to Joe Hodge dan dis.

If the lead singer of Menswear phoned up the NME and moaned that it wasn't fair that Liam Gallagher has got an album deal and he hasn't, I imagine he'd get a fair amount of derision.
He isn't saying that though :rolleyes:

"It’s always difficult to (get into the side) because there is quality in the squad,”

I do find it odd how you seem to hate players personally if you don't rate them.

Do you think that LL gives the players or the club a proof read of the headline or articles considering they are probably done on a voluntary basis? Just wandering because the line - Joe Hodge has warned he will seek a January move away from Wolves if his Premier League minutes do not improve - is hardly going to be a popular within the club. I get that he wants to be playing and there's no harm in having confidence in your own ability but when the local client journalist stirs up a bit of trouble then it can't be a positive thing.
The bit in bold is quite ridiculous, as if he's issued an ultimatum, then you read the actual quotes it is clearly a young lad who is aware he is going to struggle to get into the team and is admitting he probably needs to move to find football.

It's hardly controversial, unless you have an odd vendetta against the player.

I don't hate Joe Hodge, I would hate it if he started any more Premier League games for us as he's quite obviously nothing like good enough and as I say, wouldn't even look good in L1/L2 teams, fortunately I don't think that's a problem I'll have to deal with.

Back