• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The January 2024 "Will we actually sign a striker or just Che Adams/Kieffer Moore" Transfer Thread

willy-wonka-stop-dont-come-back.gif

Just on the phone to Ferrari, if they don't hand me that F1 contract for 2024 pretty soon then I'll have to look at other options.

Would love to know where he thinks he's going to get minutes. Could stay in Ireland next time he travels to star for their U21s perhaps.

He'd genuinely look bad in League Two.

"Had the old gaffer stayed (Julen Lopetegui), things would probably have been a little different for me now."

Thank f**k for Gary O'Neil then...
This is damn close to bridge burning, IMO. Dumb thing to tell the press.

Still some way to go to catch up with Fabio’s media record, though.

Shows that he believes in his ability I guess. Probably due to him being at Man City he obviously has a more inflated opinion of his level than the rest of us.

I'm assuming he's thinking about a loan when he's say's he needs minutes rather than anything permanent though.

The amount of stick this lad gets on here is weird.
It's not really, he's ludicrously out of his depth, like Darren Simkin levels.

Tiny, can't pass, can't tackle, can't run and zero goal threat. We've released better players in the last 12 months and he's sat here on a contract to 2027, it's perverse.

All just seems a bit much, he's criticised a hell of a lot given how little he has played.
I agree here (shocker), but equally I don’t think people are even 1% wrong when they say he’s not a PL player.

“Tidy” isn’t much of a sellable trait at this level and that’s the biggest compliment I can give him.

Nigel Quashie played 3 games for Wolves and the vast, vast majority of fans will have watched none of them as they were all away, not on TV and pre-widespread streaming. Good luck getting an amnesty for him.

Hodge doesn't come up in conversation much (nor should he as he is 6th in line out of 6 for CM spots), when he does then the opinion is fairly uniform and pretty fair I would say.

The nearest comparison would be Jack Price in terms of physical stature and role.

Jack Price in 2013 was absolutely miles better than Joe Hodge is in 2023 at around the same age, and I don't think anyone would have 2013 Jack Price anywhere near any Premier League squad.

Nigel Quashie played 3 games for Wolves and the vast, vast majority of fans will have watched none of them as they were all away, not on TV and pre-widespread streaming. Good luck getting an amnesty for him.

Hodge doesn't come up in conversation much (nor should he as he is 6th in line out of 6 for CM spots), when he does then the opinion is fairly uniform and pretty fair I would say.
I think your criticisms of him are fairly uniform, they're really annoyed/angry by any mention or appearance from him, just seems a lot for a player that is indeed about 6th in line for a spot.

As for Quashie, he'd played about 300 games before he played for us, not the same at all, and I was at Reading for what it's worth 🤮

I don't think it's likely Hodge will forge much, if any of a career at the top level either for what it's worth.

I just think the language used towards him seems a bit much, he's never not tried or done anything wrong, but anyway i'll leave it there.

he's never not tried or done anything wrong
Other than his amazing through ball for Everton on Boxing Day...

He's just nowhere near the level required to the point it seems insane that he's even near the conversation.

I mean, he’s not, really. If he was Doyle wouldn’t be here.

Back