• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The January 2024 "Will we actually sign a striker or just Che Adams/Kieffer Moore" Transfer Thread

Don't know if it's still a thing but players used to get payments if sold and they never asked to leave.
So if that happens...a small transfer fee and that is used to cover that payment
Yeah I think that's still the case, however he's surely in breach of contract given he smashed up the clubhouse and attacked a youth player.

Don't know if it's still a thing but players used to get payments if sold and they never asked to leave.
So if that happens...a small transfer fee and that is used to cover that payment
Yeah, I meant that if he's on 50k pw for the sake of argument they can't pay 25 and us 25 like a normal salary. We'd have to give him his 25 × however many weeks in front.

I might be wrong, but I don't think you can do that as such. I think you'd have to pay him off
I didnt know that. Whatever the mechanics are I think Jonny will ask for the difference between what we're paying him and what paok will pay him for the time he has left on his wolves contract.

Yeah I think that's still the case, however he's surely in breach of contract given he smashed up the clubhouse and attacked a youth player.
If they thought they could get that to stick they would have done so whilst he was initially suspended

Breach of contract he would have packing his bags in December and not training and playing with our U21's

Just gotta hope paok give us a transfer fee we can use to fund Jonny's pay off

He's nearly 30 and it's almost a year since he started a league game, on huge money. We aren't getting anything for him.

Attacking a colleague and criminal damage would always be in breach of contract, which is why i think because of his previously good behaviour/performances, they've said "you'll never play for us again, but we'll help you get a new club".

Attacking a colleague and criminal damage would always be in breach of contract, which is why i think because of his previously good behaviour/performances, they've said "you'll never play for us again, but we'll help you get a new club".
Well the colleague bit will never stand up, it happens all the time. Just like you don't have to take a manager down a disciplinary route before dismissing him. You can't apply standard work practices to football.

They aren't going to pay him off and cost themselves money out of some loyalty, if they could have got out of it they would have done

I wonder if there is a fear of setting precedent? Bust ups are hardly uncommon, and maybe they worry about being obliged to hold players they’d never want to lose to the same standards at the behest of other aggrieved players / members of staff? Got to say I haven’t really thought this through much so…

I'm guessing the incident wasn't as bad as the clickbait media have made out.

I wonder if there is a fear of setting precedent? Bust ups are hardly uncommon, and maybe they worry about being obliged to hold players they’d never want to lose to the same standards at the behest of other aggrieved players / members of staff? Got to say I haven’t really thought this through much so…
Or there’s been a similar bust ups, which I’m pretty sure would happen at most clubs in any given season. You can’t then sack Johnny if he’s been witness to them.

Back