• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The January 2024 "Will we actually sign a striker or just Che Adams/Kieffer Moore" Transfer Thread

Don't know enough about Villarreal to know where he'd be in their squad
You'd hope that we'd look for some sort of assurance that he's at least in their thoughts to start, otherwise keep him here or send him to the Championship

Don't know enough about Villarreal to know where he'd be in their squad
Cursory glance tells me they have Bailly and Mandl both of these are broken regularly. A 38yr old broken club captain and a 24yr old Spaniard who is in and out of the side.

Stand a good chance he'll play a decent amount of games but they are out of Europe so no chance there.

We wouldn’t learn anything from a Championship loan that we don’t already know. We need to see him in European top flight. If he can’t crack Villarreal’s XI, that’s probably our answer.

Seems a bit of an odd one, Bailly only just signed there it seems, Foyth seemed to be playing really well for them last season (much to my surprise) but apparently he's been out injured a long time.

Perhaps a chance for Mosquera to form a partnership with Bailly if they're really not happy with the incumbents and Foyth isn't due back anytime soon, otherwise seems like they see him primarily as cover.

Seems a bit of an odd one, Bailly only just signed there it seems, Foyth seemed to be playing really well for them last season (much to my surprise) but apparently he's been out injured a long time.

Perhaps a chance for Mosquera to form a partnership with Bailly if they're really not happy with the incumbents and Foyth isn't due back anytime soon, otherwise seems like they see him primarily as cover.
Given his history, Bailly might break an ankle if Yerson looks at him too hard.

We wouldn’t learn anything from a Championship loan that we don’t already know. We need to see him in European top flight. If he can’t crack Villarreal’s XI, that’s probably our answer.
Doesn't really work like that. Lots of young players go out on loan at a lower level to develop. He's not going to get the physicality of the PL in Spain but the quality would be better than the Championship.

Both levels are above the MLS.

Worked for MGW, Kane and others.

You’re either overrating the Championship or underrating MLS, though I don’t know why I’m even responding when the “the MLS” drop makes it clear you’re looking for a bite.

You’re either overrating the Championship or underrating MLS, though I don’t know why I’m even responding when the “the MLS” drop makes it clear you’re looking for a bite.
Not looking for a bite at all and no offense was meant.

Not overrating either League.

Fair enough, but I still think that view is a handful of years out of date.

We don’t need to re-dig this grave.

They spoke about sending him somewhere where he'd do a bit more defending than he had to at Cinci which he should get at Villarreal, even if he's not playing every week. They don't seem to be doing very well at all this season.

There's obviously no language barrier either so maybe an attempt to get him to develop a bit more tactically under an experienced coach. He's had the experience of playing week in week out for a full season, they might value the experience of being part of a squad fighting for every point over being in the Championship where you'd expect him to be able to coast through games.

Back