• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The January 2024 "Will we actually sign a striker or just Che Adams/Kieffer Moore" Transfer Thread

Lage (!), Lop, GON and his International manager clearly all see something in Hodge, he looks a typical non descript academy player to me, average at everything.

Yeah, he is clearly rated, I cannot see why.

Fraser I get but why are we hanging onto Hodge after Boubacar & Gomes are back? We don't need to sign another CM.
Agreed Griffiths cannot go anywhere so he can cover the domesday sceanrios

He just hasn't got many redeeming midfield qualities for me - not particularly an out-of-this-world passer, not combative in the Lemina/Gomes mould, not a goalscorer.

I wonder if he's just a manager's dream in that he's quite aware tactically/is willing to do any job and put a shift in, and that's the appeal from a manager point of view.

not particularly an out-of-this-world passer
Thing is this massively oversells him.

He's an appalling passer of the ball, like every five yard pass is an adventure.

I'm not even joking when I say Jack Price, Lee Evans or David Davis would be better, even now.

Fraser has genuine squad role to play if you ask me, much rather he’s used as back as opposed to bringing a Broja or Adams for example.
Hodge will have a very sustainable career in league 1 maybe bottom half championship.
He’s absolutely nowhere near the level required to be used even as back in a PL squad.

Keep Fraser in the squad, he's there on merit.

I don't see it with Hodge but it seems the professionals do, maybe one to revisit in a year or two.

Fraser has genuine squad role to play if you ask me, much rather he’s used as back as opposed to bringing a Broja or Adams for example.
Hodge will have a very sustainable career in league 1 maybe bottom half championship.
He’s absolutely nowhere near the level required to be used even as back in a PL squad.
Not aimed at your comment or you, but Adams or Ings would be a warm body until we can get something better, I agree I'd rather keep Fraser. Broja would be the proposed solution though which would be concerning.

Keep Fraser in the squad, he's there on merit.

I don't see it with Hodge but it seems the professionals do, maybe one to revisit in a year or two.
He'll be 24 by then 😁

Edit: hes 22 this coming September in DW age grading.

It will be a loan unless we write off an obscene amount of money.

Take the hit and lose £20m+ I say and move on.

From an FFP perspective it's probably better not to have a big hit in one go

Back