• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The January 2024 "Will we actually sign a striker or just Che Adams/Kieffer Moore" Transfer Thread

Or if I said I'd rather have Kilman than (outside the bottom 3, but all of their first choice CBs) these CBs for clubs around us

Ream
Collins
Senesi
Felipe
Boly
Murillo
Branthwaite
Keane
Niakhete
Mepham
Mings*
Evans*
Going on that list alone.

Ream has been dropped
Collins - yep
Sensei - miles better than Kilman, quicker, stronger, better in the air
Felipe - not first choice
Boly - don't talk shite, Boly is still head and shoulders better than Max
Murillo - see above
Branthwaite - see above (there's a theme here)
Keane - not first choice
Niakhete - not first choice
Mepham - not first choice
Mings - see Boly, Murillo, Branthwaite
Evans - wtf?????

Out of your whole list it's one and he plays in a 5.

Fair play for putting a list up to be shot down though.

Given that he is literally playing football for a lower/mid Prem side at this moment, and that is my opinion of him, and he's managed to do that approaching 100 times, it's clear which opinion is more likely to be nearer to the truth.

Making the simplistic claim of "Kilman is shit" is the sort of analysis i would expect from a moron though, that's why it was such a surprise. Throw in the mid table Championship analogy, talk of Mark Atkins and Paul Blades too, well, daft indeed.

Imagine if I said this on the politics thread.

'With Labour's perennial 20 point lead and Tory factions beginning to plot, Rishi Sunak increasingly resembles King Cnut'.

Would you see the metaphor or would you go:

'What, King Cnut? The semi-mythical figure of Scandinavian descent from nearly 1,000 years ago? Don't be ridiculous Dan, I'm not sure Rishi Sunak has even been to Denmark. And I certainly doubt he thinks he can literally turn back tides'.

I think it would be Option A. You would see the illustrative point I was making, whether you agree or not. Rather than thinking I was literally saying Rishi Sunak is a low quality Viking era King.

Ultimately this demeans us both.

Ream has been dropped - He's actually injured, and has played 13 of Fulham's 17 games this season.
Collins - yep
Sensei - miles better than Kilman, quicker, stronger, better in the air - Subjective, which was the whole reason i was reluctant to do this, but Bournemouth are below us, so he can't be significantly better.
Felipe - not first choice - Fair
Boly - don't talk shite, Boly is still head and shoulders better than Max - He certainly looks better lately, but only very recently, he's been crap for years, he has started to look better, and that's in a 5, most Forest fans still don't pick him as first choice.
Murillo - see above - Subjective, which was the whole reason i was reluctant to do this, but Forest are below us, so he can't be significantly better.
Branthwaite - see above (there's a theme here) - Ok i'll take that, early in the season he looked poor.
Keane - not first choice - started yesterday, but ok
Niakhete - not first choice - Played 90 in each of Forest's last 2 games, and 11 over the season, he's certainly a first team player. You can't not allow Naikhete AND Ream, they're contradictory reasons.
Mepham - not first choice - Fair
Mings - see Boly, Murillo, Branthwaite - Mings has a rick in him, a significant one every game, he was first choice, he probably won't be when he's back
Evans - wtf????? - Evans is really poor these days.

Out of your whole list it's one and he plays in a 5. - Subjective

Can probably draw a line under this debate now, no? Clearly you disagree & neither will be persuaded otherwise. Much as I've enjoyed the last three pages of back and forth.
Of course Langers...

Imagine if I said this on the politics thread.

'With Labour's perennial 20 point lead and Tory factions beginning to plot, Rishi Sunak increasingly resembles King Cnut'.

Would you see the metaphor or would you go:

'What, King Cnut? The semi-mythical figure of Scandinavian descent from nearly 1,000 years ago? Don't be ridiculous Dan, I'm not sure Rishi Sunak has even been to Denmark. And I certainly doubt he thinks he can literally turn back tides'.

I think it would be Option A. You would see the illustrative point I was making, whether you agree or not. Rather than thinking I was literally saying Rishi Sunak is a low quality Viking era King.

Ultimately this demeans us both.
Ok, so the, "he'd be ok if we were mid table in the Champ" (paraphrasing) was that serious, or just for japes? Or is that genuinely where you see his level?

I didn't say that.

I used the example as if you were a club drifting nowhere, just hoping to stay where you were while others around you improved and you did nothing, as we were in 2015, you'd stick with that kind of player.

I rather hope we're not in that mindset in 2024 as it ends one way.

I didn't say that.

I used the example as if you were a club drifting nowhere, just hoping to stay where you were while others around you improved and you did nothing, as we were in 2015, you'd stick with that kind of player.

I rather hope we're not in that mindset in 2024 as it ends one way.
Mid-table Championship?

Been out tonight, but we have the Deutsch is better than that bingo again. No idea why his opinions are raised higher than anyone elses? I think he'd probably agree with that as well, for whatever reason he gets held to a higher standard than anyone else on here. It's sort of complementary, but also sort of weird

How the hell have we racked up a £65m loss as is being reported by the Telegraph with all those big sales? They do think we are targeting two players in January though.

How the hell have we racked up a £65m loss as is being reported by the Telegraph with all those big sales? They do think we are targeting two players in January though.
Not on about the summer though. On about the losses we are going to report for the previous year

Back