• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The January 2024 "Will we actually sign a striker or just Che Adams/Kieffer Moore" Transfer Thread

Right, so you parachute Dunk in for Kilman yesterday and we win that game?
Don't be silly, that was the manager and a shit keeper. I'd replace both of them in the next 5 seconds if there were better options available.

Personally, a Lewis Dunk type CB (true leader and a proper beast) with Toti would be a solid enough mid-table pair at the back. Dawson as back up and Kilman sold.

Can’t believe we’re gonna have a couple of months of “but… but… the £65m loss!” now.

Just when I thought the narrative of us having no money had subsided for a bit.
Anyone who though the summer was the line being drawn under the FFP saga then they were not paying attention.
Clear all through the summer that the budget from selling Inc what we were spending in January.

Can’t believe we’re gonna have a couple of months of “but… but… the £65m loss!” now.

Just when I thought the narrative of us having no money had subsided for a bit.
That doesn't make sense on any level as we made £100m in the summer.

Well Lewis Dunk would cost 60million, so which tree are you plucking this make believe player from that would come to us, and that we'd spend the money on?

That doesn't make sense on any level as we made £100m in the summer.
When we announce our losses what period do they cover?
When we announce the profit made from the great big giveaway what period will it cover?

Asking for a dullard.

Said this the other day but 4231 gets the most out of our best players. We'd only need 2 CBs to make it work - one if Mozquera is any good and we need to replace Dawson anyway. Tend to cost less than forward players too unless you're after elite targets which obviously we wouldn't be.

Well Lewis Dunk would cost 60million, so which tree are you plucking this make believe player from that would come to us, and that we'd spend the money on?
It's in the Kafkaesque world where there are no better centre halves than Max Kilman, but also no Premier League teams would sign Max Kilman as he wouldn't get in their team.

Well that's always been the case, but having Neto in front of him meant he defended better.
That's bugger all to so with the formation though, that principle would hold in a 442. He's one of the 5 offensive players we have on the pitch playing 3 centre halves and 2 holding midfield players. He, Bueno, RAN and Doherty have 1 assist and no goals between them in the PL and the assist which was for Cunha's goal at Arsenal is a statistical one only

When we announce our losses what period do they cover?
When we announce the profit made from the great big giveaway what period will it cover?

Asking for a dullard.
Harsh on Jinks, he's not a dullard.

Accounts cover up to the end of season 23 as far as I know.

Next year cover the end of 24 season etc. etc.

It's in the Kafkaesque world where there are no better centre halves than Max Kilman, but also no Premier League teams would sign Max Kilman as he wouldn't get in their team.
But he's "mid table championship level" and "shit", surely there are dozens of CBs you could name, you're the one who is making the ridiculous claims, not me.

Said this the other day but 4231 gets the most out of our best players. We'd only need 2 CBs to make it work - one if Mozquera is any good and we need to replace Dawson anyway. Tend to cost less than forward players too unless you're after elite targets which obviously we wouldn't be.
And the masterbating continues :)

But he's "mid table championship level" and "shit", surely there are dozens of CBs you could name, you're the one who making the ridiculous claims, not me.

You've misappropriated the first quote for a start :D

I told you, we could have signed Ben Mee for £0 not long ago. I don't need to set the bar very high.

Harsh on Jinks, he's not a dullard.

Accounts cover up to the end of season 23 as far as I know.

Next week cover the end of 24 season etc. etc.
So FFP calcs are done differently to normal accounts then?

Still asking for a dullard.

You've misappropriated the first quote for a start :D

I told you, we could have signed Ben Mee for £0 not long ago. I don't need to set the bar very high.
Well we signed Nathon Collins for 20million with your best wishes and recommendation instead.

I did say Lewis Dunk type which you seem to have missed.

Big solid CB's like Dunk, Webster, Anderson, Carlos and others are more likely to be available than a RWB + CM + STR just to make a system work because you have 1 CB who can't play in a 4 but have decided to base your entire philosophy around him. And make him Captain FFS.

Made money on him too, I should get a finder's fee.

Fond of asking me questions this evening but ducked the one I asked you about non-bottom 3 teams with all their CHs being worse than Kilman. Probably as there aren't any.

Including Wolves.

I did say Lewis Dunk type which you seem to have missed.

Big solid CB's like Dunk, Webster, Anderson, Carlos and others are more likely to be available than a RWB + CM + STR just to make a system work because you have 1 CB who can't play in a 4 but have decided to base your entire philosophy around him. And make him Captain FFS.
I made him captain!? :ROFLMAO:

A new RWB would be nice (though i dont think its that pressing, Semedo is inconsistent, not shit), but we don't absolutely need a CM and striker for 343, we need Neto and RAN back and firing.

Especially for what the clubs aims are, survival.

Sorry, but you really need to pull in your expectations, as Jeff said.

Back