• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The January 2024 "Will we actually sign a striker or just Che Adams/Kieffer Moore" Transfer Thread

He became first choice mostly by accident in August 2021. In no way has he moved his game on since then.

So over the top.
Go on then, please tell us what he's good at.

Ben Mee is a far better defender, definitely way more of a leader, probably actually a better footballer and we could have had him for free in 2022.

Painfully harsh.

Of course he has.

In fact, since Luton he's played well this season too, other than one error against Forest.

Your agenda against him is bizarre, but as soon as you've made a decision on someone it doesn't falter, like a few on here.

We could and should have sold him when Napoli came in, but he's far from the biggest of our concerns and "he's shit" and "the modern day Paul Blades" is laughable.

In fact, since Luton he's played well this season too, other than one error against Forest.
He can play in a back three in the same way that Mark Atkins could play in a back three. I didn't like him either.

Cannot take responsibility, cannot turn, cannot lead, incredibly passive, means we're locked into a formation which is shit against at least a third of the league and for which we don't even have the rest of the players.

He's the kind of player I wouldn't have minded us having in 2015 as a mid-table Championship club with a wantaway owner. Take out Burnley, Luton and Sheffield United and every single Premier League club has at least one centre half that is miles better than him. He isn't even *our* best centre half FFS.

Last edited:
I agree with this, but it's the discussion we have every Monday, it's because we changed the system to hide his weaknesses / make him feel more comfortable, we pay for it higher up the pitch

Wouldn't disagree with buying all 3 but I can't see us buying anybody.

Jeff has said as much.
What’s Jeff said? Missed that.

Even without him saying anything I wouldn’t expect much in January given where we are

I agree with this, but it's the discussion we have every Monday, it's because we changed the system to hide his weaknesses / make him feel more comfortable, we pay for it higher up the pitch
He was fine yesterday though, Dawson looked far more out of his comfort zone.

He's a million miles from "shit", that's the kind of nonsense I'd expect on Twitter.

It's not Kilman's fault he was made captain or that we rejected the Napoli bid, he's always put the effort in, he's always been a good bloke, the fact he didn't (annoyingly) dive from the Vinicius headbutt shows he's a good man. I cannot get my head around DW clearly hating him, it's truly bizarre.

He can play in a back three in the same way that Mark Atkins could play in a back three. I didn't like him either.

Cannot take responsibility, cannot turn, cannot lead, incredibly passive, means we're locked into a formation which is shit against at least a third of the league and for which we don't even have the rest of the players.

He's the kind of player I wouldn't have minded us having in 2015 as a mid-table Championship club with a wantaway owner. Take out Burnley, Luton and Sheffield United and every single Premier League club has at least one centre half that is miles better than him. He isn't even *our* best centre half FFS.
Sorry mate, but that's "shit" and an unbelievably biased and weird post.

Mark Atkins for fucks sake!? Mid Championship!? Get a grip man, you're making yourself look ridiculous.

Prior to going to a back 5 Kilman was getting slated on nearly every verdict thread. Deutsch is correct - he just isn't good enough in a back 4, so to accommodate him we sacrifice an extra forward player. GO was right to do so but if someone offers close to the fee Napoli were reported to have offered we'd be mad to turn it down.

Effort and good bloke covers Dave Edwards, as does it not being his fault that Jackett/Lambert always, always picked him regardless of actual output.

As I say - take the bottom three out and go through every PL squad. Then work out which one would sign Max Kilman and say "he is our best centre half".

Starts "n" and ends with "one of them".

He was fine yesterday though, Dawson looked far more out of his comfort zone.

He's a million miles from "shit", that's the kind of nonsense I'd expect on Twitter.

It's not Kilman's fault he was made captain or that we rejected the Napoli bid, he's always put the effort in, he's always been a good bloke, the fact he didn't (annoyingly) dive from the Vinicius headbutt shows he's a good man. I cannot get my head around DW clearly hating him, it's truly bizarre.
I certainly don't hate him but share Deutsch's appraisal of his abilities - or lack of them!

Killmans abit meh for me. I don’t think he’s as bad as some on here, but I don’t think he’s a top half centre back for example. Just about lower mid table.

Never makes too many glaring cock ups, but he’s almost, just there, doesn’t do a lot right, takes easy option with the ball. Just indifferent tbh.

Bottom line is we should never be turning down 30m for him.

What’s Jeff said? Missed that.

Even without him saying anything I wouldn’t expect much in January given where we are
His AI produced shite at the beginning of the season telling all fans to wind their expectations in as we're in a down phase of business and the club need to make money.

But be assured Fosun are going nowhere 🤮

Killmans abit meh for me. I don’t think he’s as bad as some on here, but I don’t think he’s a top half centre back for example. Just about lower mid table.

Never makes too many glaring cock ups, but he’s almost, just there, doesn’t do a lot right, takes easy option with the ball. Just indifferent tbh.

Bottom line is we should never be turning down 30m for him.
Yep, largely agree - which is where we are.

It's the "shit", "Paul Blades", "Mark Atkins", "mid table championship" bollocks I disagree with, if he was any of those things he wouldn't cope in a 5 either.

Plus the constant, furious, masterbating over us switching to 4 at the back like it's football's equivalent to the football Holy grail, I don't get it.

His AI produced shite at the beginning of the season telling all fans to wind their expectations in as we're in a down phase of business and the club need to make money.

But be assured Fosun are going nowhere 🤮
Thought that’s what the summer was about 🤔

Back