• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The January 2024 "Will we actually sign a striker or just Che Adams/Kieffer Moore" Transfer Thread

It's clear that for the 23/24 season we need to make a profit or we'd be over the £105m limit.

The transfer spend figures are there just as an indicator of where we are heading each season. Our income changes very little season after season without European football so accumulated amortisation fees are the biggest thing that affects the profit and losses.

Our income changes very little season after season without European football so transfers are the biggest thing that affects the profit and losses.
The wage bill impacts on it hugely.

We'll come in under the £105m with a degree of comfort and going forward we aren't paying any of Neves, Moutinho, Raul, Adama, Coady or Costa any more.

The wage bill impacts on it hugely.

We'll come in under the £105m with a degree of comfort and going forward we aren't paying any of Neves, Moutinho, Raul, Adama, Coady or Costa any more.
I would say we'll be close to break even over the 3 year period.

I assume the loss is for the 22/23 season as that is the next one due to be reported on:

21/22 - £46.1m loss - https://www.wolves.co.uk/news/club/20230306-headline-financial-information-for-202122/

22/23 - £150m spent, £53m gain - £97m net transfer spend.

23/24 - £82m spent, £148m gain - £66m net transfer gain.
Looks to me like you are counting Cunha twice in those spend figures

Not going down another FFP rabbit hole, it hurts my brain

So, what do we know about this chap

Viktoria Plzen forward Rafiu Durosinmi remains a £7 million target,

Some deep insight here

Wolves are likely to consider the departures of £35 million forward Fabio Silva, Austrian international Sasa Kalajdzic and Jonny Otto

So Mr Percy, what first made you think 2 players who can barely get on the pitch and 1 told to keep out of the way until Feb 1st would be considered as likely to depart?
To be fair to Percy his readership probably extends a little beyond avid Wolves fans who know this. From the comments I hear around me in the ground I suspect this is far from blindingly obvious to a fair few ST holders.

To be fair to Percy his readership probably expends a little beyond avid Wolves fans who know this. From the comments I hear around me in the ground I suspect this is far from blindingly obvious to a fair few ST holders.
Spot on.

Like there's no point telling us lot that we didn't "sell all our best players" in the summer because we know we didn't, but there would have been value in someone mainstream pointing that out to the wider world back then (as far as I can work out, no-one did).

Spot on.

Like there's no point telling us lot that we didn't "sell all our best players" in the summer because we know we didn't, but there would have been value in someone mainstream pointing that out to the wider world back then (as far as I can work out, no-one did).
Yep, which is why pretty much every pundit had us to go down because we've lost the "fire power" of Raul and Costa :rolleyes:, and the defensive solidity of Coady..

To be fair to Percy his readership probably extends a little beyond avid Wolves fans who know this. From the comments I hear around me in the ground I suspect this is far from blindingly obvious to a fair few ST holders.
Don't be going in 2 footed on my half arsed attempts to be funny

Nobody is buying a broken forward
RET5TH563FDHRGMEROKYY3KAGY.jpg

Torn knee ligaments is a big red flag. Leave him until he can come back and prove himself and buy in the summer. Nobody is buying a broken forward at the moment.
Not like us to target a forward with a history of dodgy knees…

Back