• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The January 2024 "Will we actually sign a striker or just Che Adams/Kieffer Moore" Transfer Thread

If Brighton are allegedly interested he may have something about him judging by their recent hit rate but who knows?

Just reading through Danny Taylor's latest piece, we actually did consider signing J-Lingz! Doesn't say whether this was Lopetegui or O'Neil.

Thank fuck we didn't, I think I dislike him as a player more than I dislike Guedes.

Real purple patch at West Ham (briefly). Everything else has been below mediocre. His wage demands are huge. And he seems a right dick.

Glad we saw sense.

Just reading through Danny Taylor's latest piece, we actually did consider signing J-Lingz! Doesn't say whether this was Lopetegui or O'Neil.

Thank fuck we didn't, I think I dislike him as a player more than I dislike Guedes.
Think the link came after Lop left.

He was in the starting XI at the World Cup in 2018 so whilst I agree that the West Ham spell is an outlier he was successful enough for a time at United to earn his England spot.

Even the Saudi's didn't cave into his wage demands so was a non starter immediately.

Even the Saudi's didn't cave into his wage demands so was a non starter immediately.
Also the team (Stevie G's) that wanted him couldn't actually sign him until January and shifted some players because you can only have a certain amount of foreign players in the squad.

He was in the starting XI at the World Cup in 2018 so whilst I agree that the West Ham spell is an outlier he was successful enough for a time at United to earn his England spot.
Weird squad that. Full of either dross or players obviously past their best. All of Danny Rose, Jesse Lingard, Jack Butland, Danny Welbeck, Gary Cahill, Phil Jones, Fabian Delph and Ashley Young went.

I always liked Delph as a player. Admittedly not great at any one thing.

I could never stand him. He'd have been a good fit for Wolves in the 90s, endless central midfielders who didn't actually do anything, they were just there.

Maybe my eyes had been too shaded by Dangerous Dave's version of that role...

Not a fan of Broja at all. We'd be swapping one overhyped youngster for another.

Don’t know a lot about him to be honest. The article said about a stellar season at Southampton, must’ve missed that

Not a fan of Broja at all. We'd be swapping one overhyped youngster for another.
He was good in a relatively poor Soton team but injuries have done him in and he doesn't look the same player.

I wouldn't take him now.

Back