• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The January 2024 "Will we actually sign a striker or just Che Adams/Kieffer Moore" Transfer Thread

Keeping The Dream Alive

Doesn't really work, but fuck it, it's Christmas!

I'm guessing the absolute most we'd get for him is 10m? Unless it's a loan?

It seems to be a Bild report that's being rehashed elsewhere by aggregators. Freiburg were interested in the summer - remember that we didn't particularly commit to him until very late on in the window, hence changing his squad number after the season had already started - and it's an easy link to go with as he isn't playing any minutes for us and Freiburg didn't sign another striker.

Sadly though I wouldn't particularly trust Bild.

Has their ever been a more ineffective number 9?

Jake Cassidy, Leon Clarke, Gary Holt, Yannick Sagbo and Tomas Frankowski all spring to mind.
Think, in the relevant positions of Wolves at the time, Fabio is worse.

Willian Joke is the worst (well, worst performing) #9 we've had in the Premier League, if you judge purely on-field and ignore cost.

Willian Joke is the worst (well, worst performing) #9 we've had in the Premier League, if you judge purely on-field and ignore cost.
Shortest dwarf contest but for a couple of games Jose looked like he offered something whereas Cutrone looked enthusiastic but was clearly out of his depth.

I'll go with that, Fabio on this season alone has been worse but its balanced out by being less shit than Joke in his first season.

Liverpool probably going to recall Fabio Carvalho from Leipzig as he isn't playing enough minutes and will loan him out again.

That's one I'd go for even if it's developing someone else's player with little chance of them staying longer, unlike Jinky's idea of loaning exciting 24 year old Reiss Nelson (4 goals in 40 PL games) :D

Liverpool probably going to recall Fabio Carvalho from Leipzig as he isn't playing enough minutes and will loan him out again.

That's one I'd go for even if it's developing someone else's player with little chance of them staying longer, unlike Jinky's idea of loaning exciting 24 year old Reiss Nelson (4 goals in 40 PL games) :D
IMG_6139.gif

Back