• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The January 2024 "Will we actually sign a striker or just Che Adams/Kieffer Moore" Transfer Thread

Saša isn’t shit, what’s your point?

Okay…

No one has mentioned that Sasa isn’t shit, it the system that he’s not suited to?
Which isn’t what you said, which was "However blaming our striker woes and the struggles of Silva and Sasa in particular on this formation is doing some very heavy lifting".

Nobody at all has mentioned Silva in this context and the discussion around Sasa is about playing balls into him and having runners off him, not about the formation, other than Deutsch who suggested he'd could get into the team if we moved to 4231. It's about how you utilise him not how many players you have in defence.

Totally different players, but someone mentioned Danny Ings earlier in the thread, you couldn't just put him in the role we currently ask Cunha to do in this team either, he's a penalty box finisher and we look for different attributes from our number 9, you'd get nothing from him. We should play to Sasa's strengths or don't bother bringing him on, he's not shit, but doesn't suit the way we play and the manager either doesn't want to or can't adapt to that. What he asks him to do makes him look shit because he's not athletic

Last edited:
I think if we win a couple out the next 4 then we won't be signing a fat lot in January. Don't think anyone will want Fabio or Sasa either (buy). We'll just stay mostly the same and operation survival will be almost complete

I see how this works now. Take a comment and not the whole discussion and create a context to to suit an agenda.

Let’s take Sasa alone for a moment (although Silva was included earlier in the discussion but I think the vast majority are of the same opinion now) - I don’t think he’s good enough and have stated the reasons why I think that and have discussed these perceived weaknesses. Others have said he would look better if we played a different system and I disagreed, saying I don’t think he’s of PL standard regardless of our formation/style of play.
The conversation took a turn and it was said that our shape and attacking play was dictated by our defensive desire/necessity to play five because Kilman [in particular] wasn’t good enough. At that point I thought blaming our defence was an unfair criticism and the forwards should shoulder their own portion of blame. I don’t think playing 4 or 5 at the back makes either centre forward options viable.

You disagree. That’s how opinions work. It doesn’t make my opinion wrong just because it doesn’t match yours.

I think you need to read what you actually wrote, because it bears little resemblance to your summation. You are claiming you said things you didn't and things I've said which I haven't. It's bizarre.

Anyway bedtime

I think you need to read what you actually wrote, because it bears little resemblance to your summation. You are claiming you said things you didn't and things I've said which I haven't. It's bizarre.

Anyway bedtime
Struggling here

I don’t think Sasa is good enough
I’ve said what I think his shortcomings are
Others have said he’d look better in a different system
I’ve said I don’t necessarily think he would

Fairly consistent. I thought.

I don’t think I’ve ever been ‘personal’ and said he’s shit, wank, a cunt etc which gets levelled at many on here. Comparing him to Kieffer Moore and suggesting I’d rather have the latter is about as strong as the actual insults went.

How dare I question Sasa or why Alan asks what I’m mad about.

This isn’t a hill I’m going to die on but given some of the vitriol posted on a regular basis on most threads I do find some of these responses a little strange.

Back in my box I suppose.

How dare I question Sasa or why Alan asks what I’m mad about.

This isn’t a hill I’m going to die on but given some of the vitriol posted on a regular basis on most threads I do find some of these responses a little strange.

Back in my box I suppose.
For what it’s worth, I think our pal ‘t3ch’ was being sarcastic. He’s American so he’s not very good at it.

😉

Jobe Bellingham. Try to shoot me down.

I don't think he's living off the Bellingham name, I do think this kid is good and I would try to get him in January.

Yeah I like the look of him. Think he probably needs a full season in the Championship though. Doubt we would sign him and and then loan him back out.

Sunderland got him for £3m, they should make a decent profit on him

Jobe Bellingham. Try to shoot me down.

I don't think he's living off the Bellingham name, I do think this kid is good and I would try to get him in January.
Completely agree, I think he's very good but he's a midfielder we don't need unless we shift to 4 at the back.

He's actively trying to not live off the name, he has Jobe on the back of his shirt and when he scored yesterday the stadium announcer only used his Christian name

Completely agree, I think he's very good but he's a midfielder we don't need unless we shift to 4 at the back.
Can play further forward as well. Occasionally Sunderland have pushed him into a #10 role.

Back