• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The January 2024 "Will we actually sign a striker or just Che Adams/Kieffer Moore" Transfer Thread

Sasa wasn't broken when we bought him.
Hang on here. The guy from Talking Shite said he had it on "very good authority" that he was and he did his serious voice and everything. What more do you need?

(No-one told Stuttgart either as they were playing him in August 2022)

Looks to me like you are counting Cunha twice in those spend figures

I used these figures:

Soccer base has too many "undisclosed" all the time to be accurate.

Sasa wasn't broken when we bought him.
No but he’d done his knee previously. Was just being facetious

Are we now saying we feel a winger/striker is higher priority than a CB?

Personally they’re all at top of the list

I think a CB is only a priority if we are going to four at the back and are prepared to buy two!

Wouldn't disagree with buying all 3 but I can't see us buying anybody.

Jeff has said as much.

They're all priorities.

Dawson is 34 before the end of the season and Kilman is shit.
I agree with both you and Wilf but can't see us buying 2 unless we get another silly offer for Max.
I suppose 1 for January and hope Dawson survives till the end of the season wouldn't be a disaster.

As well as the obvious forward requirements, I still see another RB as very important, if Semedo gets crocked or a lengthy suspension wim fucked.

As well as the obvious forward requirements, I still see another RB as very important, if Semedo gets crocked or a lengthy suspension wim fucked.
RB/RWB
GK (two if Sa leaves)
CH (maybe more than one)
All-purpose forward

At some point over the next nine months we need all of them. And to replace Neto on top if he goes in the summer.

I don't expect that much next month as it's January with January inflation/clubs not selling in the middle of the season unless they have to or want to, we notionally can't spend that much on paper (if they're keeping up that façade, which I suppose they have to) and we aren't going down.

Another one down the line is Lemina's contract running out in 18 months, that needs extending.

RB/RWB
GK (two if Sa leaves)
CH (maybe more than one)
All-purpose forward

At some point over the next nine months we need all of them. And to replace Neto on top if he goes in the summer.

I don't expect that much next month as it's January with January inflation/clubs not selling in the middle of the season unless they have to or want to, we notionally can't spend that much on paper (if they're keeping up that façade, which I suppose they have to) and we aren't going down.

Another one down the line is Lemina's contract running out in 18 months, that needs extending.
I'm expecting no more than 2, 3 at a push in January, agree with your general requirements.
I suppose realistically we don't need to go mad in January, even with our current squad we're not going down and won't go much higher than we are now.

Emotional return for Silvio

giphy.gif

Chelsea interested in Kilman? probably bullshit

Before anyone gets excited it's an opinion piece rather than anything else
Opinion or not, I'm still curious where this myth of Max Kilman being a decent defender comes from. Apart from being English what exactly does he have going for him? A lot of casual fans and pundits will only see us against the Sky Six, but it's not like he particularly performs against them either.

Would love someone to put in a bid in, whether it's Chelsea, Napoli come back, or someone else.

Opinion or not, I'm still curious where this myth of Max Kilman being a decent defender comes from. Apart from being English what exactly does he have going for him? A lot of casual fans and pundits will only see us against the Sky Six, but it's not like he particularly performs against them either.

Would love someone to put in a bid in, whether it's Chelsea, Napoli come back, or someone else.
- Not a proper clogger plus the futsal back story so people assume he's really good on the ball (he isn't)
- Doesn't make many Titus Bramble style clangers so doesn't get blamed for many goals (no, but if some guy with a pocket full of matches was always standing outside house fires, I might have my suspicions)

That's about it I think.

- Not a proper clogger plus the futsal back story so people assume he's really good on the ball (he isn't)
- Doesn't make many Titus Bramble style clangers so doesn't get blamed for many goals (no, but if some guy with a pocket full of matches was always standing outside house fires, I might have my suspicions)

That's about it I think.
A modern day Paul Blades.

Back