• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The January 2024 "Will we actually sign a striker or just Che Adams/Kieffer Moore" Transfer Thread

His AI produced shite at the beginning of the season telling all fans to wind their expectations in as we're in a down phase of business and the club need to make money.

But be assured Fosun are going nowhere šŸ¤®
We need to have a challenger mentality and be humble.

I do think we'll sign a centre forward they were clearly prepared to get one at the end of the last window. I don't have a lot of confidence in the quality

Yep, largely agree.

It's the "shit", "Paul Blades", "Mark Atkins", "mid table championship" bollocks I disagree with, if he was any of those things he wouldn't cope in a 5 either.

Plus the constant, furious, masterbating over us switching to 4 at the back like it's football's equivalent to the football Holy grail, I don't get it.
Sounds like a you problem.

Plus the constant, furious, masterbating over us switching to 4 at the back like it's football's equivalent to the football Holy grail, I don't get it.
Because watching us appropriate Mark McGhee's football against a cack Forest team is infuriating, and we don't have a RWB or indeed many of the other constituent parts that make 5 at the back work.

But we have to play 5 because Ā£30m Max cannot play in a 4 (nor can Dawson at pushing 34, for that matter).

When we drifted to some aimless 2-0 home defeat under Lambert you wouldn't go "that was Dave Edwards' fault", typically. Would be more likely to be some boneheaded crap from Doherty or Batth or Hause or Ikeme or whoever. But playing someone at #10 who had NONE of the technical attributes to play there, but simply went on the occasional little goalscoring run, was a huge, fatal problem, week after week.

That's Max Kilman, a level or two up.

You would imagine that if Fosun's wallet turns up under one of the settee cushions this summer (don't laugh) and we spent Ā£30m on a centre half, he would be our best player in that position by a mile and a real coup for us.

Max Kilman isn't our best centre half right here, right now.

It's not hate, you just can't see what's right there in front of you.

Because watching us appropriate Mark McGhee's football against a cack Forest team is infuriating, and we don't have a RWB or indeed many of the other constituent parts that make 5 at the back work.

But we have to play 5 because Ā£30m Max cannot play in a 4 (nor can Dawson at pushing 34, for that matter).

When we drifted to some aimless 2-0 home defeat under Lambert you wouldn't go "that was Dave Edwards' fault", typically. Would be more likely to be some boneheaded crap from Doherty or Batth or Hause or Ikeme or whoever. But playing someone at #10 who had NONE of the technical attributes to play there, but simply went on the occasional little goalscoring run, was a huge, fatal problem, week after week.

That's Max Kilman, a level or two up.

You would imagine that if Fosun's wallet turns up under one of the settee cushions this summer (don't laugh) and we spent Ā£30m on a centre half, he would be our best player in that position by a mile and a real coup for us.

Max Kilman isn't our best centre half right here, right now.

It's not hate, you just can't see what's right there in front of you.

So on this basis, simplistically, we need to buy 2 CBs for 4 at the back (the dream!!!), or 1 RWB for 5 at the back...

Or better still get Semedo to improve his form to as it was when he had Neto in front of him - which is immenent.

There's just so much recency bias, and Kilman didn't even play badly yesterday.

No, you still wouldn't do that.

Even if you swapped Semedo for 2001 Cafu vs Forest, you have 3 CHs watching 0 strikers.

It has its place but we're handcuffed to it when we shouldn't need it. Answers on a postcard why that is.

As I mentioned earlier too, we have picked up 11 points against the 7 teams below, and 5 of those were games we were away. Plenty enough to see us stay up, comfortably, even with this dreadful 5 at the back.

But the fascination with 4 at the back must continue, even if it saw off Nuno, was dreadful under Lage, was pragmatic at best under Lop (worse against Brighton and Arsenal), poor so far under GON and means buying 2 new CBs as the current two don't look like they can play in it - but let's push for it anyway!

So on this basis, simplistically, we need to buy 2 CBs for 4 at the back (the dream!!!), or 1 RWB for 5 at the back...

Or better still get Semedo to improve his form to as it was when he had Neto in front of him - which is immenent.

There's just so much recency bias, and Kilman didn't even play badly yesterday.
A RWB, mobile ball playing midfielder and STR for 3-4-3; to work. And then sell at least 5 players.

1 x Lewis Dunk style CB for 4atb to work.

Everton aren't *really* below us, so it's 8 from 6.

Less good.

Canā€™t believe weā€™re gonna have a couple of months of ā€œbutā€¦ butā€¦ the Ā£65m loss!ā€ now.

Just when I thought the narrative of us having no money had subsided for a bit.

Back