• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The January 2024 "Will we actually sign a striker or just Che Adams/Kieffer Moore" Transfer Thread

Made money on him too, I should get a finder's fee.

Fond of asking me questions this evening but ducked the one I asked you about non-bottom 3 teams with all their CHs being worse than Kilman. Probably as there aren't any.

Including Wolves.
Firstly, i'm not the one making the sort of analyis about footballers that I expect from football fans with 2 brain cells to rub together, "Kilman is shit" I mean, for fucks sake.

Secondly there is absolutely no point engaging on any kind of subjective debate regarding that question, given your opinion.

So FFP calcs are done differently to normal accounts then?

Still asking for a dullard.
I guess so as clubs can set their accounts date to whatever they like whereas FFP calculations are done over a specific 3 year period.

Our accounts do match up with the FFP from memory.

Firstly, i'm not the one making the sort of analyis about footballers that I expect from football fans with 2 brain cells to rub together, "Kilman is shit" I mean, for fucks sake.

Secondly there is absolutely no point engaging on any kind of subjective debate regarding that question, given your opinion.
Can't describe any of Kilman's strengths
Can't refute that it locks us into a system that is totally unsuitable for at least 30% of our games
Can't name clubs that have way worse CHs than Kilman who play all the time

Yes, it is me who has the blinkered view that can't be backed up.

I made him captain!? :ROFLMAO:

A new RWB would be nice (though i dont think its that pressing, Semedo is inconsistent, not shit), but we don't absolutely need a CM and striker for 343, we need Neto and RAN back and firing.

Especially for what the clubs aims are, survival.

Sorry, but you really need to pull in your expectations, as Jeff said.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I guess so as clubs can set their accounts date to whatever they like whereas FFP calculations are done over a specific 3 year period.

Our accounts do match up with the FFP from memory.
The £65m feels like it's figures upto the end the end of 2023 season.
Hence why the summer sales and a low spend in January are countering that loss. (plus losses year before that).

So it's a "technically" correct comment from Percy but next summer it can't be used as a defence of anything.

I've tried to get my head around it. I know the rules but the timelines and ways it are calculated not so much.

The £65m feels like it's figures upto the end the end of 2023 season.
Hence why the summer sales and a low spend in January are countering that loss. (plus losses year before that).

So it's a "technically" correct comment from Percy but next summer it can't be used as a defence of anything.

I've tried to get my head around it. I know the rules but the timelines and ways it are calculated not so much.
That's what I said, no?

End of 23 season that Percy is reporting with 24 next season.

So our £100m profit will be reported this time next year.

That's what I said, no?

End of 23 season that Percy is reporting with 24 next season.

So our £100m profit will be reported this time next year.
As I said...asking for a dullard 😀

Read your reply all wrong

As I said...asking for a dullard 😀
I can understand that we needed sales but they should really stop with this PR rubbish now. I think we'll be at break even for the next 2 years reporting periods and depending on what spending happens next season will be in profit the season after that (unless we get relegated next year).

I can understand that we needed sales but they should really stop with this PR rubbish now. I think we'll be at break even for the next 2 years reporting periods and depending on what spending happens next season will be in profit the season after that (unless we get relegated next year).
I get it if what we spend this January is key to the wiping out the losses.

If fans think we can now go out and spend in January without issues that does need reminding.
Just the media will go for the dramatic tone
"£65m loss OMG WTF...will buy players though"

I get it if what we spend this January is key to the wiping out the losses.

If fans think we can now go out and spend in January without issues that does need reminding.
Just the media will go for the dramatic tone
"£65m loss OMG WTF...will buy players though"
Yeah, I get that and that's why I don't think we'll buy anybody (I wouldn't as I don't see the point at the moment).

Then reset during the summer.

Can't describe any of Kilman's strengths
Can't refute that it locks us into a system that is totally unsuitable for at least 30% of our games
Can't name clubs that have way worse CHs than Kilman who play all the time

Yes, it is me who has the blinkered view that can't be backed up.
What's the point in naming his strengths? You'd instantly dismiss them, even if I tell you that he's 3rd highest on clearances and 3rd highest on headed clearances in the league, or that I felt he DOES carry and pass the ball well, as I've witnessed it with my eyes, including yesterday.

Or if I stated that it's not Kilman that locks us into a system, it's Dawson (who IS a "solid beast" type that J75 says we need for 4atb) as we saw yesterday - but I absolutely don't think playing that system is the problem so many think it is.

Or if I said I'd rather have Kilman than (outside the bottom 3, but all of their first choice CBs) these CBs for clubs around us

Ream
Collins
Senesi
Felipe
Boly
Murillo
Branthwaite
Keane
Niakhete
Mepham
Mings*
Evans*

You'd still just say but Kilman's "shit" like the argument of a moron, which is just so disappointing from someone who is better than that.

And given I rate Kilman as a mid to lower Prem CB, I'm not sure what the point in the question is anyway? He doesn't need to be the best CB at another club.

Last edited:
Yeah, I get that and that's why I don't think we'll buy anybody (I wouldn't as I don't see the point at the moment).

Then reset during the summer.
I think we will sign a couple but spend no more than £15m.
We were set to spend that at the end of the window on a forward.

We will get rid of Jonny's wage and if Fab's goes out on loan it will no doubt be a deal where the loaning club pay all his wages instead of a fee.

I think we will sign a couple but spend no more than £15m.
We were set to spend that at the end of the window on a forward.

We will get rid of Jonny's wage and if Fab's goes out on loan it will no doubt be a deal where the loaning club pay all his wages instead of a fee.
We've shed £30m in wages pa so far I think so there's plenty of headroom regardless of getting Fraudio and Jonny off the books.

Id like a new RB whether we go 5 or 4 atb. Semedo is great 1 v 1 and at ball retention but doesn't offer anything going forward and, for me, isn't switch on enough positionally to really be a solid RB. He seems to get done with players running off him quite a bit.

What's the point in naming his strengths? You'd instantly dismiss them, even if I tell you that he's 3rd highest on clearances and 3rd highest on headed clearances in the league, or that I felt he DOES carry and pass the ball well, as I've witnessed it with my eyes, including yesterday.

Or if I stated that it's not Kilman that locks us into a system, it's Dawson (who IS a "solid beast" type that J75 says we need for 4atb) as we saw yesterday - but I absolutely don't think playing that system is the problem so many think it is.

Or if I said I'd rather have Kilman than (outside the bottom 3, but all of their first choice CBs) these CBs for clubs around us

Ream
Collins
Senesi
Felipe
Boly
Murillo
Branthwaite
Keane
Niakhete
Mepham
Mings*
Evans*

You'd still just say but Kilman's "shit" like the argument of a moron, which is just so disappointing from someone who is better than that.

And given I rate Kilman as a mid to lower Prem CB, I'm not sure what the point in the question is anyway? He doesn't need to be the best CB at another club.

We have wildly differing opinions on his ability which is fine.

Categorising me as a moron or taking illustrative examples totally literally is just daft, isn't it.

We have wildly differing opinions on his ability which is fine.

Categorising me as a moron or taking illustrative examples totally literally is just daft, isn't it.
Given that he is literally playing football for a lower/mid Prem side at this moment, and that is my opinion of him, and he's managed to do that approaching 100 times, it's clear which opinion is more likely to be nearer to the truth.

Making the simplistic claim of "Kilman is shit" is the sort of analysis i would expect from a moron though, that's why it was such a surprise. Throw in the mid table Championship analogy, talk of Mark Atkins and Paul Blades too, well, daft indeed.

Can probably draw a line under this debate now, no? Clearly you disagree & neither will be persuaded otherwise. Much as I've enjoyed the last three pages of back and forth.

Can probably draw a line under this debate now, no? Clearly you disagree & neither will be persuaded otherwise. Much as I've enjoyed the last three pages of back and forth.
No...the people want 4 more pages

Back