• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Naive old us in 2017 were saying Mendes isn’t part of the the club, were just using his connections. Look how good this is!

Well we’re all a bit silly, he’s had more power than Thelwell, Sellars, Hobbs, whoever since the very start.
I think we got Neves due to their FFP issues. We've gone full circle

So we're selling one of our most talented if inconsistent players for not much more than we paid for him? Fosun are a bunch of charlatan cunts, I wish they would just fuck off out of the club.
Wolves fans should be careful what they wish for 😳
Takes me back a bit...

You can't keep your staff under lock and key barred from talking to anyone though can you? Imagine if Tesco and Sainsbury did have to agree to transfer staff, do you think they'd talk amicably store manager to store manager in a competitive market to agree which staff they would move or would they try to poach the best staff from one another behind each other's backs?

It's not like players won't become unsettled if clubs have to talk exclusively to one another before they can engage the player. As soon as an attractive club started enquiring about them they'd make their feelings known and put pressure on their current employer. The current way just keeps that part largely out of the public eye.
I've just been in Tesco. Hardly any fucking staff in there. Paper thin squad. Any injuries, they're fucked.

As a Sainsburys manager I've got a list longer than Deutsch of players I'd happily see the back of. Just can't find any takers ;)
Do you have a checkout operator who habitually scans through a Chateaubriand for 82p but someone says "best not get rid of them, the replacement might be rubbish"?

Do you have a checkout operator who habitually scans through a Chateaubriand for 82p but someone says "best not get rid of them, the replacement might be rubbish"?
When we replace Nunes with Brownhill or RAN with Cresswell, or just dont bother replacing at all..they'd be right..

Burnley fans really seem to rate him, but then they rated Collins (as Brentford are now..)

So Nunes is another player whose loyalty to the club is nonexistent.
Let him go for the best price we can get which will be around £45m I guess.
This season is fragmenting before our eyes. As is the club itself.
I’m losing all interest. I’ve supported Wolves for 65 years, and I really couldn’t care less what happens next.
I just don’t recognise this kind of ownership, this kind of leadership, these kinds of players.
I know I sound like an old fart and undoubtedly I am one, but I currently feel as disenchanted with Wolves as I did during the days of Docherty, Hoddle, McGhee, and Saunders.
I’m thoroughly fed up with Fosun, Mendes, the players, their agents, VAR, the cowardly referees we get, and the whole blasted premier league.
They can all sod off for all I care.
Right. Rant over. Back to indifference.

Not sure if there’s an actual clause in Nunes’ contract or just an agreement when he signed last year but although out of the blue, this doesn’t feel a surprise at all.
I think the only reason we signed him because his club needed the cash and one of the big boys weren’t offering it at the time. An agreement of sorts to allow him to move on for a fee of X if a big club came in for him would have made it more appealing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back