• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I don't think we'll miss him. Gets sent off on a petulant manner, turns in the odd good run once every three games, and is vastly overrated for what he actually delivers. Another who never wanted to be here. The Portuguese dream is dead. Get rid. City will pay 60M. Take the cash.

We'll have to see how it plays out won't we? Have to see an initial big in next 48hrs before the dancing starts. Nunes' red gives two weeks of negotiations before having to sit him out games so that's at least handy.

A been said, he's underwhelmed here so him going for a profit would at least mean we get something back that under normal circumstances be reinvested properly into the squad. No faith it'll happen. Nunes to Brownhill is signalling their happy to move down a league.

I'm not going to miss Nunes, he feels like one of those players who years after he leaves people will still be debating what his 'right position' even was for us. He will not be a superstar at Wolves.

But to sell him for quite a low profit and know very little of that money is going back into the squad is just another underwhelming moment in a catalogue of underwhelming moments this summer. Lopetegui to O'Neil, Nunes to Brownhill - it all just reeks of Championship football.
Like Jota eh, when half of the people on here and on MM thought it was great business 'cause he wasn't a regular starter and had lost a bit of form. He's class and Pep can see it, just half our fans can't.

It's not like Brighton, we're not like Brighton, we will sell cheap and the money if invested at all will go on aging players like Cresswell, in a position we don't need filling. We're not going to unearth an unknown player or two, who'll immediately improve the team and can be sold in 12-24 months for 60M plus.

If we're lucky we'll get Elvedi, and at this point that's a big if.

We'll have to see how it plays out won't we? Have to see an initial big in next 48hrs before the dancing starts. Nunes' red gives two weeks of negotiations before having to sit him out games so that's at least handy.

A been said, he's underwhelmed here so him going for a profit would at least mean we get something back that under normal circumstances be reinvested properly into the squad. No faith it'll happen. Nunes to Brownhill is signalling their happy to move down a league.
The window closes in 8 days

Like Jota eh, when half of the people on here and on MM thought it was great business 'cause he wasn't a regular starter and had lost a bit of form.

Yep, Neto was going to replace him...

This 'buying at inflated prices then selling for a tiny bit more 12 months later' is certainly a new and bold approach for a PL club... Not sure it'll catch on

Yep, Neto was going to replace him...

This 'buying at inflated prices then selling for a tiny bit more 12 months later' is certainly a new and bold approach for a PL club... Not sure it'll catch on
Lessons never learned eh Jeff? Selling Nunes and buying cheap will answer a lot of questions on where we`re going.

Is this a new thing? If Liverpool had come in for a player of ours in the 70s, would people have been surprised when they went?

Seems to me that a pay raise and European football would be massively enticing regardless of era. Sure would beat the hell out of scrapping for survival.
Liverpool paid £100k for (making him Britain's most expensive) teenager Alun Evans in 1968 if that helps.

Didn't we all think Nunes was Liverpool bound, in the near future, as soon as he arrived?
Or am I misremembering, it happens a lot.
It was stated he had a Liverpool clause in his contract. We had effectively signed him on loan for the season as they would buy him for what we paid Sporting.
That clause then magically vanished.

There seems to be a general acceptance that if we sell Podence we will spend so I’m a little confused why so many are convinced that if we sell Nunes we won’t spend any more.

Last edited:
Wow, 50 pages of discussion since yesterday. That's where all the fans are!
Not many posts per page, tbf!

Could it be that the sale of someone like Nunes will finally allow us to sign some players in the bracket above Cresswell etc? I think we want Brownhill regardless as it sounds like we've scouted him for ages, but it may allow us to go back in for Elvedi and then I imagine we'd need to add a proper winger, considering Nunes is currently our first choice there. We could do that and Fosun would still have money in the bank.

For what it's worth, and I know the vibe around the club is extremely negative (understandable), I don't think the problem is with Hobbs. I think we have a list of reasonable players that we'd like to sign, it's just Fosun haven't allowed it so far.

Looking at the players we've been linked with recently, those we brought in earlier this window and the manager and coaching staff we've now got, we clearly seem to be looking mainly at lower Prem/Champ British and Irish targets.

I think at best we'll sign a couple of Brit journeymen with any Nunes money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back