• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
You may well be right.

I'm cynical though and don't want to give Shi/Wolves the benefit of the doubt, its just as likely that we are just having our pants pulled down.
We have done ok on fees this Summer but if we take the 1st offer on Nunes it is either something in the contract or something controlled by Jorge (either way a Jorge special)

Correct me if wrong, but selling Nunes and Collins for negligible profit after only 12 months isn't particularly great for FFP is it?
Its probably not bad as we can book profit plus one year's of already amortised fee

Correct me if wrong, but selling Nunes and Collins for negligible profit after only 12 months isn't particularly great for FFP is it?
Only that a year of their fees has already been knocked off of their value. Selling Kilman for £30m on the other hand..........

It will be a cashflow sale rather one that make a huge FFP profit.

They were close to paying £80m for Paquetá. They’re about to spend £60m on Doku.

If we don’t push the fee up we’re absolute jokers.

In his first two games of the season, Nunes has won more duels than any other player in the PL in the opening two games. He’s attempted and completed more take on’s than any other player, he’s 2nd in the league for fouls committed on him and 3rd for number of interceptions.

We can all moan about his “shit passing” etc, but the bloke has a massive ceiling and it looks like we’re gonna have our belly tickled by accepting the first offer that comes in for him.
Traore could dribble like fuck too, their end product was about the same.

I'm sure there was something earlier in the summer about us removing (buying out I guess) a release clause he had, which is why Liverpool dropped their interest.

We should be standing our ground, he's our players until we say otherwise

I'm sure there was something earlier in the summer about us removing (buying out I guess) a release clause he had, which is why Liverpool dropped their interest.

We should be standing our ground, he's our players until we say otherwise

Player wants to go so it’s pretty hard to stop it this a player who needed convincing to come in the first place.

It's pretty embarrassing that we have one summer transfer window spending like big boys then shit our pants and offload the next summer 😅

Wonder if JG and Cunha will still be here at the end of January

If we start selling players like Matheus, Cunha & Gomes we're going to start to look very ordinary very quickly.

Even if we do spend a small amount to replace them there's no way we can find their kind of quality with the measly budget we'd likely be given at such short notice.

Meanwhile, we can`t shift Guedes, Podence and Jonny....

Traore could dribble like fuck too, their end product was about the same.
I don't think that's a fair comparison, Nunes looks a far better player technically than Adama. It's not just dribbling. He has the ability to beat people in tight spaces to get out of trouble whereas Adama was just reliant on pace. And although he mistakes a pass sometimes you can see he is capable. Works hard defensively too most of the time, though he can switch off.

The fear is this will rumble on and leave us no time to replace.
Last season I was dreading the thought of relegation because I genuinely thought if we stayed up we’d improve with a top coach this season and have no problems.
Now I’m just at a point of acceptance with it all.

I don't think that's a fair comparison, Nunes looks a far better player technically than Adama. It's not just dribbling. He has the ability to beat people in tight spaces to get out of trouble whereas Adama was just reliant on pace. And although he mistakes a pass sometimes you can see he is capable. Works hard defensively too most of the time, though he can switch off.
Adama wasn't, at first, just reliant on pace - he had great close control. Seemed to lose it as time went on.

Traore had great close control when he was running with the ball too, his problem was usually with his first touch or whatever he needed to do at the end, the latter also being an issue for Nunes.

I think it's similar that he has that one very strong aspect to his game but nothing else is anything close to being as good, as you say his passing is very hit and miss, he flakes out at times and his decision making is no better than the general substandard of the squad. Let's not forget his horrendous performance in front of goal either.

I just don't know what you do with him to get the most out of him. As an attacking player his final product is woeful, as a defensive player those lapses in concentration and tendency to overplay at times will get caught out too often, he probably needs a three man midfield to work at this level. That might give you scope to bring him inside, still have a couple of more reliable players that can cover behind him when he has his airhead moments or shanks a pass into the nearest opponent but it he becomes your most forward thinking of a midfield three with his numbers then it's looking like a pretty stodgy team again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back