• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
so Crook saying it fell "way below" our valuation

So what we saying here, looking for £60m+ to consider it?

You'd hope if we are resigned to selling him that we've said to him that we will let him go but it has to be at the right price for us. I'd want double what City have offered given the state of the market for midfield players this window.

I reckon he'll go for £47m plus some very unlikely addons.

Exactly what I hoped our response would be. The offer really wasn't enough to interest us obviously.

Like Percy says, I expect this to rumble on until the end of the window. Hopefully Matheus remains respectful of our stance if City don't offer anywhere near our valuation.
It’ll rumble on until we inevitably sell him at the end of the window when we have no time to source replacements.

If you can’t see the difference in quality between Nunes & Adama then I don’t know what to tell you 🤷‍♂️
Biggest difference is you can see that mentally he is much more aware and switched on. He tries things that don't always work but you know the intelligence is there to at least know what is required.

Yeah you'd like to think it'll be £60m guaranteed and then some superstar add ons. They offered £80m for Paqueta, they're loaded, we're in theory not so desperate as to have our bellies tickled, and he's clearly a very highly regarded footballer despite his disappointing season. He will go, and he won't be adequately replaced, but for fucks sake at least get some decent fucking money for him.

If we were interested in some of their young starlets, I hope that we can use the negotiations to get one in on loan and possibly purchase another.

Amazing how two weeks into the season nearly all enthusiasm has been sucked out of us Ey.

It’ll rumble on until we inevitably sell him at the end of the window when we have no time to source replacements.
Almost certainly.

Hopefully we can get rid of Podence before that in time to get one or 2 in at CB & CM.

If you can’t see the difference in quality between Nunes & Adama then I don’t know what to tell you 🤷‍♂️
I'm not talking quality, I'm talking output.

The most effective players aren't always the ones that look the slickest, for all Nunes' surging runs and twisting out of tight spots, what has he actually produced?

The most effective players aren't always the ones that look the slickest, for all Nunes' surging runs and twisting out of tight spots, what has he actually produced?
I think Cunha might be a better comparison with Adama than Nunes. Decision making/finishing is very similar when he gets near the box.

Biggest difference is you can see that mentally he is much more aware and switched on. He tries things that don't always work but you know the intelligence is there to at least know what is required.

Tbf Mark was specifically referencing end product, which is a fair comparison?

I think he has been quite instrumental, along with Cunha, in most of our good attacking play in the 2 games this season. Unfortunately we are wasteful in front of goal. I get that some people want to rationalise selling him by making it out like he's not really that good. But he is really that good. He is one of our 2 best players. And it isn't even that close.

24hrs ago I'd say 60M was low, but if we are getting strong armed to accept bids of ~40-50M then ending up at 60M will have to do as bare minimum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back