• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scott Carson welcome to Molineux
Will he be prepared to fight for his position with Tom King though? He is happy to be 3rd choice at City but can't see him settling for 4th choice at Wolves

Don't think Nunes' passing is good enough to make him a fixture in City's team. What he will be good at is using his dribbling ability to unlock defenses when they sit in against them. Sounds like with personal terms agreed and him wanting to go there we just need to extract the best value we can and hope they've already got a list of good quality targets they are working on. If we get none or even only a fraction of that money to re invest we are going to obviously be in even more trouble.

If they can get Eze for ~£5m above our quoted price for Matheus then they'd be daft not to go down that road.

10 PL goals last season as opposed to 1 and I would expect that kind of discrepancy to continue.

If they can get Eze for ~£5m above our quoted price for Matheus then they'd be daft not to go down that road.

10 PL goals last season as opposed to 1 and I would expect that kind of discrepancy to continue.
I think it’s more likely that Palace have a backbone when it comes to negotiations and told City to piss off.

Much easier to go to the club who are controlled by an agent moving his chess pieces around.

I think it’s more likely that Palace have a backbone when it comes to negotiations and told City to piss off.

Much easier to go to the club who are controlled by an agent moving his chess pieces around.
Well that cuts both ways. Eze is into the last two years of his contract now, that's time that runs out pretty quickly. Losing Zaha for free was careless, to lose another star player for nothing would be foolhardy. A club like Palace can't afford to keep doing that.

We’ve told them to piss off so far.
Well that's all we can fucking do.

They made a bid, we said (in footballing terms) piss off and told them it needs to be closer to a figure we have in mind.
If City come back and match that figure or get close to it...we won't tell them to piss off. They come back ala Liverpool and low ball us they get the same answer.

£65m should be a basic starting point. Stick some addons on top and maybe we'll play ball.

Last edited:
He isn't worth £25m more than we paid a year ago.
Not realistically, but the hype apparently hasn't worn off.

Ricardo Quaresma may have been a better footballer than fucking Messi (don't pick that out, I'm just making a point); it simply doesn't always translate on the pitch.

Brighton reportedly paid £4.5m for Caicedo. Do you think he's now worth £110m more than that? Of course not. He's worth what people are willing to pay and what we're willing to sell him for.
Yeah, I get that.

On its individual merit a bid of £65m (!) for Matheus is an absolute no brainer. Take it all day. He's been mostly shit and there's no indication we can play him where he's allegedly supposed to play. This in a normal world where we spend 50-70% of that money and spend it well of course, and we don't appear to live in that world for some reason.

Yeah, I get that.

On its individual merit a bid of £65m (!) for Matheus is an absolute no brainer. Take it all day. He's been mostly shit and there's no indication we can play him where he's allegedly supposed to play. This in a normal world where we spend 50-70% of that money and spend it well of course, and we don't appear to live in that world for some reason.
If Citeh offered 65m I'd think 'fair enough' if we accepted that. As long as we actually spent the majority on new players. Which you, me and the dog know we won't. I would be fuming if we took less than £60m regardless of how good he's been or how badly he's fit into our system. One look at him and you can tell he has talent. It hasn't consistently produced results, but I firmly believe it will. He's a cracking player.

Well that's all we can fucking do.

They made a bid, we said (in footballing terms) piss off and told them it needs to be closer to a figure we have in mind.
If City come back and match that figure or get close to it...we won't tell them to piss off. They come back ala Liverpool and low ball us they get the same answer.
I can guarantee you he’ll be sold and it won’t be for the £65m we apparently want.

We always end up rolling over.

Palace might have ended up letting Zaha go for nothing, but at least they didn’t let the big boys push them around.

I can guarantee you he’ll be sold and it won’t be for the £65m we apparently want.

We always end up rolling over.

Palace might have ended up letting Zaha go for nothing, but at least they didn’t let the big boys push them around.
Is that honestly preferable?

If Nunes being a City success story is a sure thing, we damn well better make them pay for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back