• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would leave us RAN, Sarabia and one of Neto/ Hwang and maybe Scott.

Surely we're not relying on over the hill fullbacks who have lost their legs to supplement Bueno and Semedo? Semedo can't attack we've all seen that.

We're also pinning out how on Cunha, Silva, Raul and Sasa to score goals.

Got to trust Lop but that seems massively flawed to me and we haven't signed Scott yet.
We sign another two forwards minimum, one wider/creative and one striker. Three if Fabio goes.
Who’s knows Hwang and Neto may both stay if we don’t get good enough offers.

This aged well.

And I totally agreed with it.

We should have kept Chiquinho.
As I say, as a direct pacey wide option who provides good delivery...well we don't really have anyone else like that. As much as Adama forever frustrated, he did have an impact off the bench at times, Chiquinho could have done the same. And loans annoy me at the best of times.

So I'm not in favour.

Can see the thinking though. He needs to play, having just missed an entire season of development.
His injury was particularly bad, as well, wasn't it? I may be conflating things I heard about his and Sasa's tbf.

Reasonable amounts?

He just literally went an entire year without a single goal, he is terrible. 8 goals in 57 games FFS.
Not great stats but his 3 goals last season was our joint 2nd highest goalscorer. That's how shit we are at scoring goals.

If Hwang and Podence leave, along with Neves and Traore both gone, that would leaves our highest scorers from last season on 1 (ONE) goal!!

So?

You're advocating keeping him because he scored 3, really?

Where does he even play?

It's a moot point anyway because no-one will bid for him, but that's an absurd justification. He can't even play wide.

Shame it’s Stoke - can only hope they are the shining lights in a struggling team!

We sign another two forwards minimum, one wider/creative and one striker. Three if Fabio goes.
Who’s knows Hwang and Neto may both stay if we don’t get good enough offers.
As a man with some knowledge, what do you think we are waiting for with these players?

If Chiqi gets a ton of minutes then okay. Otherwise would definitely have preferred he stay.

Good move for Hoever, though, I still have some hope for him.

What do you mean, if?

He should comfortably be one of their best players. I imagine he'd be a cert to start every game.

As a man with some knowledge, what do you think we are waiting for with these players?
More than likely waiting for suitable offers to move on Podence, Jimenez and maybe Silva (depending how the next few days go between him and the manager)
Incomings could also be waiting on the selling club being ready to let players go. I know for a fact we’re interested in Amad but they’ve just took him off on tour.

We didn't have much flair anyway, but with Neves, Adama and now Chiquinho gone it's got even worse.

Blurgh.

Think Neves is the only one or those you could class as a flair player. We've never really been a team that plays intricate football though, even at our best under Nuno we were very much a sharp counter attacking outfit.

What do you mean, if?

He should comfortably be one of their best players.
I imagine he'd be a cert to start every game.
And everyone here thinks Doc is immediately one of our worst, yet we've signed him up again.

Clubs/teams/managers do weird, seemingly nonsensical things all the time.

oh wow, I just have missed that game, I forgot it even happened!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back