• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

I do love these kind of tweets. “Adama has decided he’ll join Milan” and play Champions League football for one of the most storied clubs in the world. Despite being largely gash for the best part of several seasons now.

I have decided to live in an enormous Portuguese villa with a pool overlooking the Atlantic and never do a days work again.

I do love these kind of tweets. “Adama has decided he’ll join Milan” and play Champions League football for one of the most storied clubs in the world. Despite being largely gash for the best part of several seasons now.

I have decided to live in an enormous Portuguese villa with a pool overlooking the Atlantic and never do a days work again.
He is not good enough for them. Maybe he needs to decide to go somewhere else.

Just on Kilman, I have seen Maidenhead fans saying they have a 20% sell on fee. So if the offer of 30mil had been accepted we instantly lose 6mil of that anyway, putting you roughly at Nathan Collins levels of shopping.

So if that % is true I do understand where the 40m value seemingly comes from. As someone who also has a non league team, there is a huge part of me that wants us to sell Kilman just for what that level of money would mean to non league side.

Not a chance in hell a premier league club would give a non league outfit a 20% sell on. Zero.

Just on Kilman, I have seen Maidenhead fans saying they have a 20% sell on fee. So if the offer of 30mil had been accepted we instantly lose 6mil of that anyway, putting you roughly at Nathan Collins levels of shopping.

So if that % is true I do understand where the 40m value seemingly comes from. As someone who also has a non league team, there is a huge part of me that wants us to sell Kilman just for what that level of money would mean to non league side.
The difference is we had a ton of amortisation left on Collins where as any money we get for Kilman is pure profit. I think one more bid from Napoli will get him.

That sell on fee would run a club of their size for a long time; quite sure they want Napoli to keep upping the bidding haha. Though I do think it will not be as simple as they think to get the fee out of us.

A long time? Fucking decades.

No way a top flight club in a position of absolute power gives that clause to a non league club. You would tell them to fuck off and buy a different cheap project player. Giving them a friendly would be more likely.

If there is such a clause, whoever put it in should be very publicly fired.

I don’t know if it’s true or not but if it is, the easiest thing would have been to approach them last season and offer £1m to buy the clause out. I wouldn’t see any club of Maidenheads size turn down that sort of figure. If the sell on clause does exist then a sizeable chunk going to his former club would be another faux pas on Jeff’s watch.
As for what would it mean for Maidenhead, Burton launched a push for league football after drawing Manchester Utd in the FA cup.

Faux Pas? It would be fucking scandalous and anyone involved should be out of the door

Faux Pas? It would be fucking scandalous and anyone involved should be out of the door
Disagree. I hope we did include such a clause.
Brilliant support for grass roots football to do such a thing.

Doubt anyone expected to be asking €40m for him and if we get that we make a huge profit on a player that cost £40k and a non league club gets a massive reward for kick starting his football career.

That is a nice way of saying we have binned over £5.95m though. We aren’t a charity. If that clause existed we should have bought it out.

Gabby Agbonlahor “Wolves are in big trouble, they sold there best defender yesterday in Collins” “all their best players are leaving”
It’s the 5th July you absolute clown

That is a nice way of saying we have binned over £5.95m though. We aren’t a charity. If that clause existed we should have bought it out.
It's not. Unless you think the club were confident of getting €40m for a kid from non league football.

We are not a charity but it's only right we give non league clubs fair deals when nabbing their talent for next to nothing.

If as mentioned above its capped at £1m, still brilliant for that club and its community.

You will be getting Liam and PTS worked up soon "couldn't sign this player as they had to give Maidenhead some cash"

Oh noes we only get £30m net profit on Max Kilman, heads need to roll for this madness.

I hope they have got a 20% clause, they clearly didn't dick around asking for much money in the first place because they didn't want to hold the player back. It's a sum of money that will transform a football club and end up doing a lot of good for their local community. It's also less than ends up finding its way from our bank account to Mendes' every season. It's less than went from our bank account into Fabio Silva's dad. Everyone's a winner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back