• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two of you have said in now - so because Neves was expected to go that negates it's negative effect? Odd.

Our best player leaving makes us more likely to go down, regardless of whether it was expected or for good money.

Stop being so precious, there has been plenty of negative stories coming out of the club, it's understandable.

Until we sign some players that will remain.

I don't care what Gabby Agbonlahor says to be honest, just pointing out how paper thin the arguments are.

"Manager uncommitted", what kind of argument is that?

I don't care what Gabby Agbonlahor says to be honest, just pointing out how paper thin the arguments are.
Of course, the bloke is a belmer.

But there will be plenty other journalists saying much the same based on the current state of affairs, that doesn't mean they're stupid or wrong at this moment in time.

Of course, the bloke is a belmer.

But there will be plenty other journalists saying much the same based on the current state of affairs, that doesn't mean they're stupid or wrong at this moment in time.
How many games are we playing at this current moment in time?

What is the likelihood that we'll sign nobody?

Y'know the sort of questions journalists and pundits ask themselves before opening their mouths.

Only an idiot would judge our squad at this point.

To be honest I don't think we get much coverage at the moment at all. We've settled into that niche of being a team who probably won't go down but also won't achieve anything out of the ordinary, so there isn't much to say from an outside viewpoint. Doesn't bother me either way.

To survive we need to finish above three of Luton, Sheffield United, Burnley, Everton, Bournemouth and Forest. I would suggest we are well-equipped to do that and certainly will be in just over a month's time.

I can see why if you believed the FFP stuff and thought we were only selling then you would be worried. The squad right now wouldn't necessarily finish above all of those. Our best team would probably include Hwang or Podence FFS

I can see why if you believed the FFP stuff and thought we were only selling then you would be worried. The squad right now wouldn't necessarily finish above all of those. Our best team would probably include Hwang or Podence FFS
I'd still say it'd finish above three of them. We have a better manager than all those teams.

"Manager uncommitted", what kind of argument is that?
Well he publicly said he was told different things in January to now.

So whilst hopefully those issues have been resolved, it'd be a bit optimistic to imagine things are 100% now? Particularly as he hasn't made statement himself (unless I missed it?)

He also has a reputations (with good reason) for not being particularly loyal.

So yeah, again, I understand why people on the outside would be nervous about him sticking it out long term.

It'd be vile.

-----------------------Sa
Semedo Dawson Totti Bueno
Chiq Nunes Lemina Gomes Neto
---------------------Sasa

Assuming Sasa and Chiq make a good recovery.
You could do better:

Sa
Seemed - Dawson - Toti - Bueno
Lemina-Gomes
Nunes/Sarabia - Cunha - Neto
Sasa​

I actually think this might be pretty close to the team we do see, couple of injuries away from disaster though.

--------------Sa----------------

Semedo-Dawson--Kilman-Bueno

-----Lemina---Gomes----------

Nunes------Cunha--------Sarabia

------------Sasa/Jimenez--------

Bench:
Bentley, Sasa/Jimenez, Podence, Hwang, B Traore, T Gomes, Neto, RAN, Jonny

Not pretty but enough to stay up.

It'd be vile.

Cunha to be sold?

It'd be vile.

When did we sell Kilman and switch to 4-5-1?

--------------Sa----------------

Semedo-Dawson--Kilman-Bueno

-----Lemina---Gomes----------

Nunes------Cunha--------Sarabia

------------Sasa/Jimenez--------

Bench:
Bentley, Sasa/Jimenez, Podence, Hwang, B Traore, T Gomes, Neto, RAN, Jonny

Not pretty but enough to stay up.

Cunha to be sold?
Nope, just totally forgot about him :ROFLMAO: 🙈

I'd play Toti over Kilman anyway. But I won't say any more lest I influence more people, Jim Jones style.
Slight annoyed by this, I'm pretty sure I'm the founder member of the 'Kilman is massively overrated club'. I clearly need to up my post count to better establish my credentials.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back