• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd play Toti over Kilman anyway. But I won't say any more lest I influence more people, Jim Jones style.
Do you honestly think you haven't influenced the opinion of players like Doherty, Kilman, Sa, Ikeme, Rankine, Olofinjana or Ferguson over the years?

Do you honestly think you haven't influenced the opinion of players like Doherty, Kilman, Sa, Ikeme, Rankine, Olofinjana or Ferguson over the years?
I shouldn't have, honestly. What I say doesn't matter.

Now Elon has taken away the translate option its a little difficult to be sure, but I'm pretty sure the first reply here is not a positive though

1688559775998.png

But what does Vince think about Mark Burke? That's the real quiz.

I like DW as a poster. His knowledge and memory recall of events of the last 30 years is significantly better than mine. His writing ability also makes him hugely readable.

However, I don't know him personally and to the best of my knowledge have never seen him less still met him. As a result while I clearly do agree with some of his musings, I certainly don't have to follow him or agree with everything.

Of the players listed (and I think bar a couple of games) I've just about seen every home performance each of them has made 'live' and most of the away games until the last five/six years.

Here's my view of DW's view [as a different take]:

Doherty - was an appalling player pre Nuno/Nuno's system and DW probably is too soft on him for this period. Clearly better in the role especially created for him and rightly recognised by DW for that. I think I laughed as loud as anyone when Spurs gave us £15m to play him at RB

Kilman - way better than DW says, but not what we need at Wolves from a CH. No surprise that Bennett and Dawson are such favourites - we like players at the back that defend first and foremost. We are not playing our way into Europe with footballing centre halfs, we could though qualify for Europe with good game management and clean sheets. £30m to £40m should be accepted.

Sa - DW is too harsh on Sa. He's annoying and should/could/can do or be better. Would I upgrade him? Obviously yes. Would it be a priority? No, I could accept he's our keeper next season.

Rankine - Shabba was okay and certainly not the clown DW makes him out to be. Plenty more midfielders that should be getting stick before him. Another that played his best football (apparently) away from Wolves.

Olofinjana - should have been perfect for us. Tall, athletic, rangy but somehow disappointed you every time he played. Not quite sure what anyone saw in him as a footballer other than "he's a good athlete". DW is spot on about him and probably underplays the shock we all felt when the £3m bid came in.

Ferguson - poor footballer, seemingly terrible attitude towards effort and fitness and not a particularly nice bloke off the field. When he was brawling in Pattingham I so wanted him to get a good hiding so he missed more games. I think DW lets him off lightly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back