• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Collins deal officially done.

See ya then. I don't think we'll look back with any regrets.

Impossible to quantify. If he is an ever present for Brentford and ends up being sold for big money it'll be used as a stick to beat the club with but the likelihood that he would have gone on to do the same if he stayed here is low because Lopetegui doesn't rate him and therefore he won't get the playing time required to develop or show quality. This is best for all parties at the current time.

Tbf, once we’ve brought in the money the club wants to raise.. if he’s the manager’s top target and you can structure the deal favourably, you just do it don’t you.
No, no and NO

PTS and Little Liam have been banging the drum on this subject for weeks and it can only change if we bend the rules that we have set in stone. It won't be a u turn by Mr Zero Hours contract so thats how many I do and Master 10 mins Later, oh no.

Impossible to quantify. If he is an ever present for Brentford and ends up being sold for big money it'll be used as a stick to beat the club with but the likelihood that he would have gone on to do the same if he stayed here is low because Lopetegui doesn't rate him and therefore he won't get the playing time required to develop or show quality. This is best for all parties at the current time.
This is where I’m at, as someone who rates him. He sits on the bench for the season we definitely wouldn’t make a profit in 12 months time

I struggle to reconcile someone paying even more for Nathan Collins than we've just received, at any stage.

And yeah, this is the point our Twitter clowns keep missing. If he has another season where he barely starts any games (as in the last four months of last season) then what do they think his value would be in a year's time? Hint: Not £23m.

Lots of ‘fans’ on social media saying the Fosun asset stripping is underway, dunno how that works with the money spent in January

6 year deal with an option for 2 more is a hefty one for a player that has a Rightmove Tab permanently open on his laptop

“He has a lot of very good abilities that we value a lot. He’s a composed and calm defender. His heading in both boxes is a big thing, both in open play and from set-pieces, which is massive in the Premier League.

“I also like his ability on the ball. He can carry the ball out of defence and also has the composure to find the right pass during build-up play.

Dude, are you sure you've been watching the right bloke?

Carrying the ball out of defence was his thing. Utterly lost it as our season went on though.

Presume they tried for him last summer and are just using the same scouting reports rather than updating them

Sounds like Adama is off to AC Milan. Good move for him.

It’s just bizarre that we made a profit on Collins after the season he had.

Not a complete lie........just reported really really really really badly and then doubled down on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back