• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Collins had his medical yesterday . Seems to be done and dusted . Things are moving at a good pace transfer wise in term of incoming monies .

Adama , Moutinho and Costa all gone as well . No money there obviously . That's 5 players who were pretty much in every match day squad last season . Plenty of gaps to fill already .

Has Moutinho signed with anyone officially yet ?

We definitely seem to have got our outgoing business sorted quickly...

Im strangely calm about our transfers, I think it’s because Hobbs seems to be doing a good job and our January business was really good so I’ve got faith that they know what they’re doing. Could do with something in the centre back department quite soon though if Kilman’s off!

Im strangely calm about our transfers, I think it’s because Hobbs seems to be doing a good job and our January business was really good so I’ve got faith that they know what they’re doing. Could do with something in the centre back department quite soon though if Kilman’s off!
I don't understand why everyone wouldn't be calm.
We have had a few out for decent money, probably a few more to come. Its early in the window. I'm confident enough we've got incomings lined up, otherwise JL would have walked by now.

In past seasons I’d be more worried that we’d gutted the squad without any kind of plan of what we’re doing. JL and the January window means I’m chilled about it.

Fwiw I know a lot of fans from other teams are very confused by what’s going on. From the outside selling Collins and maybe Kilman along with Neves + the rest that are leaving with no replacements in sight yet looks weird.

Six players out and none in so far with selling clubs knowing that we've got a few quid burning a hole in our pockets. Hardly perfect in my eyes but for now I'm reasonably content that it is all part of the grand plan.

As I've said before, we've been rubbish for three seasons in a row. It'd be weirder if we didn't rip it up and start again, à la Edwyn Collins in 1983.

In past seasons I’d be more worried that we’d gutted the squad without any kind of plan of what we’re doing. JL and the January window means I’m chilled about it.

Fwiw I know a lot of fans from other teams are very confused by what’s going on. From the outside selling Collins and maybe Kilman along with Neves + the rest that are leaving with no replacements in sight yet looks weird.
Yeah, a friend of mine insists on listening to awful podcasts like Pitch Side & Football Daily (for the uninitiated, it's basically talksport but instead of ex footballers chatting shite it's wannabe influencers & wankers from unofficial fan TV channels) and always plays the sections where they talk about Wolves to me to see my reaction.

They all pretty much seem to think we're headed straight down. All they see is FFP constraints, the talk about Julen potentially leaving and a lot of outgoings and don't bother with any of the context.

Not sure where to put this so will stick it in here. Last night I was trawling through my recordings on the Sky Box and I came across a Sky documentary that I'd recorded at the end of last year but never got round to watching. I think it's a 4 (?) part documentary about Football Agents and the transfer window.

Anyway, who should pop up in the second episode but our very own Sasa Kalajdzic (still a Stuggart player at this point).

I only watched the first couple of episodes, so no idea if the eventual transfer to us is featured in the last couple, but there was behind the scenes footage of Sasa meeting with his agent, taking advice from him, talking about the clubs that are interested in him and which would be the best move etc. I have no recollection of this at the time we signed him, but his agent met with Man Utd and West Ham, who were both interested in signing him. I haven't got to the bit yet to see why a move to either of those clubs didn't materialise, but it was quite interesting.

Anyway, this is what I was watching in case anyone else is interested:

Yep. Had a lot of messages from mates (who generally all follow top 6 clubs) utterly confused by the fact we are selling/releasing players like there's no tomorrow.

They all scoffed when I said I was happy to see Kilman go. Standard stuff being leveled towards us - selling club, in trouble next season etc etc etc.

Yep. Had a lot of messages from mates (who generally all follow top 6 clubs) utterly confused by the fact we are selling/releasing players like there's no tomorrow.

They all scoffed when I said I was happy to see Kilman go. Standard stuff being leveled towards us - selling club, in trouble next season etc etc etc.
Ask them how Brighton did after selling Bissouma, Cucurella and Trossard last season.

Worries about selling clubs putting prices up need to be tempered against the fact so many players have release clauses now.

Would love to know who isn't a "selling club" :D Real Madrid?
Every club is, City have made fortunes from selling.

I mean it's obvious, and we say it every window, but we can't really say one way or another how good the window has been until the first game of the season/end of the window.

Anyone drawing conclusions at the moment is being a bit daft or HAS to have an opinion to fill air time/space in an article.

Anyone drawing conclusions at the moment is being a bit daft or HAS to have an opinion to fill air time/space in an article.
The only conclusion I've got at the moment is the same one I had in April/May, there aren't that many of our 2022/23 squad that I'm particularly bothered about seeing play for Wolves again. The more go the better as far as I'm concerned.

Mate, we all know what the deal is.

It's just standard sky six supporter stuff with a dose of pisstaking for good measure. I shut them up yesterday with our new goalkeeper signing. That made them jealous ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back