• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we're really haggling with Napoli I can only guess that this line of thinking is held by the club, too. For, uh, reasons.
Despite what the majority of this forum think the club have him on their would like to keep but if someone offers daft money he can go list.

We now know daft money = €40m.

It’s unbelievable.

Last season I watched Kilman and Collins nearly have us relegated with some car crash defending and sone horrific individual performances.

The pair of them were gash.

Yet, some of our fans seem to remember them as Terry and Ferdinand.

If we get £30+ million for Max Kilman then Matthew Hobbs should get the same size bonus as the bloke who loaned us Jesus Vallejo.

Was Hobbs who spotted Kilman in non league I think too, so that’s not bad work!

Amazing to think that our darling Ruben went for 47Million and we're holding onto that useless cunt cunt Kilman untill we get 40Million???
There's something seriously skewed with that picture!
We all have our feelings on certain players, but “useless cunt” is a bit much, don’t you think?

If we get 40 million for Max, I think we’ll all be happy with that. No need for the OTT insults. Particularly towards a player that seems well liked in the dressing room and has generally given his all for the club, regardless of any ceiling in his talents.

If we’d paid upwards of £30m for Max he’d still be good value in comparison with Semedo, Guedes, Silva, Nunes. and Cunha. He’s been steady since he started playing regularly and the level of abuse he gets on here is comical and says more about certain posters than Kilman. At close to £35m I’d snatch anyone’s hand off but that doesn’t make him Paul Blades or Rob Hindmarch!

Kilman is not £40m good, most people agree. But he does enough things 'okay' to not generally be seen by most observers as terrible. His problem is that in key moments he can make big errors, and when he needs to be decisive/aggressive he either isn't or makes a poor decision (was it Newcastle away that he chased the ball across the penalty area leaving a man free for an easy run on goal)? He can defend doing the basics most of the time, and he doesn't (always) look too bad on the ball, but if someone is going to offer £40m you take and don't even think twice.

I doubt he'd trouble the list of the worst 20 centre halves I've seen for Wolves or even be that close.

He's also nothing like good enough for where we want to be and wouldn't be anywhere near our 2019 team.

And he's also worth nowhere near £30m, let alone more.

I doubt he'd trouble the list of the worst 20 centre halves I've seen for Wolves or even be that close.

He's also nothing like good enough for where we want to be and wouldn't be anywhere near our 2019 team.

And he's also worth nowhere near £30m, let alone more.
It would definitely be a shorter list of defenders we've had who are better than him than the one of those worse than him IMO. Although to be fair many of those worse than him werent playing in the PL.

Want to see incomings too but agree that doesn't me would be selling players now, especially with offers that are well overs. I cannot think of a reason to not take that Napoli offer.

Selling Kilman right now would probably weaken our position if we're negotiating to buy another CB.

I think he'll be gone once we've got his replacement sorted

Selling Kilman right now would probably weaken our position if we're negotiating to buy another CB.

I’d hope we already have deals agreed, though I guess there is always a risk the selling club do a “Botman”. If Mendes is involved that’s less likely.

One thing is not connected to the other and Hobbs has said that there needs to be outgoings first.

My guess is that we want/ need cash, which of course strengthens your position not weakens it.

Just neatly proves FFP is a ghost issue. It’s cash flow so now we are about to see serious squad churn.

We all have our feelings on certain players, but “useless cunt” is a bit much, don’t you think?

If we get 40 million for Max, I think we’ll all be happy with that. No need for the OTT insults. Particularly towards a player that seems well liked in the dressing room and has generally given his all for the club, regardless of any ceiling in his talents.
That's a well worded criticism. And you're right.
If he was useless he wouldn't have been picked so often.
He's just too quiet, frequently gets outjumped and caught out of position, doesn't seem capable of of long accurate passes out of defence to get the attack firing up and doesn't seem to read the game as well as he could and seems content to play a sideways pass more often than not.
But you're right, he's not useless.
But when you stand him up next to Neves, I'm sure there's more than 7 million difference between them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back