• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Costa has.

Adama has been offered terms but hasn't signed them yet, or signed for anyone else.

Contracts would have ran out 1st July surely?

Not sure where to put this so will stick it in here. Last night I was trawling through my recordings on the Sky Box and I came across a Sky documentary that I'd recorded at the end of last year but never got round to watching. I think it's a 4 (?) part documentary about Football Agents and the transfer window.

Anyway, who should pop up in the second episode but our very own Sasa Kalajdzic (still a Stuggart player at this point).

I only watched the first couple of episodes, so no idea if the eventual transfer to us is featured in the last couple, but there was behind the scenes footage of Sasa meeting with his agent, taking advice from him, talking about the clubs that are interested in him and which would be the best move etc. I have no recollection of this at the time we signed him, but his agent met with Man Utd and West Ham, who were both interested in signing him. I haven't got to the bit yet to see why a move to either of those clubs didn't materialise, but it was quite interesting.

Anyway, this is what I was watching in case anyone else is interested:
Sounds about right. Iirc there was links to in him going to Bayern Munich early on in summer I think. As a Lewandowski replacement?

Then linked to Man U and West Ham. There was a good feature article on him posted in the old thread, think it was from the Athletic. Clearly his agent has contacts, be it in media or clubs.

Six players out and none in so far with selling clubs knowing that we've got a few quid burning a hole in our pockets. Hardly perfect in my eyes but for now I'm reasonably content that it is all part of the grand plan.

Doesn't really work like this though does it? They wouldn't raise the price on wolves because they've sold a few players but accept a lower price from a 3rd club. The only time you get rinsed is when you are desperate (Cunha).

I get all of the above arguments and Yes it makes sense and No, I'm not in the silly group of 'Oh they're selling everything off, they've bought no one, they're going down', But it is a little irksome when you pick up a paper or follow a transfer link to see practically all Prem teams featured with someone coming or going, and we have nothing.... not a mention unless its Collins leaving.
Sigh.

Nice deal for Grasshoppers. Buy him off them for 400k, then back for likely next to nothing 5 years later

Shame with him, he had a lot of potential. Injuries and a bad loan in Portugal haven't helped, plus we put all his development into playing a position which no longer exists at first team level. Probably time to cut him loose.

At least if he goes there and does unexpectedly well we could just have him back.

Wording on our release suggests he asked to go after being told his situation won't change regarding his starts any time soon

The E&S Continue to run with this line. I suppose you could say that any sale is to do with complying with FFP rules, as would be selling tickets and actually playing the game.

Wolves were content to keep the Republic of Ireland international on board but took the decision to accept Brentford’s offer as they aim to raise funds to help comply with Financial Fair Play rules.

Shame with him, he had a lot of potential. Injuries and a bad loan in Portugal haven't helped, plus we put all his development into playing a position which no longer exists at first team level. Probably time to cut him loose.

At least if he goes there and does unexpectedly well we could just have him back.
I always felt he was lightweight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back