• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s not FFP. Never was. It’s a view from above that a revenue neutral transfer window is the minimum requirement. To achieve revenue neutral now means surely more than a few in. Neves was always going and we got top money. Collins I’m completely meh about and pleased we somehow made a profit.

Spurs seem to be linked with about 4 CB's, think Kilman will be bottom of that list.

Kilman will go if someone offers that €40m.

Which would be borderline insanity by the buyer.

Lenglet seems to be up of that list.

Bizarre we turned down Napoli

Said it the other day, regardless of the opinions on this forum Kilman isn't a player we would readily sell but as with every player, he has a price. We have decided that is £40m. Napoli are not far off that with their opening bid so I can see why we rejected it and its not much more if they want to come back in for him which I think they will. In the meantime, I hope we are on the phone to the agents a few CB's we have on our list to quickly replace him.

Spurs sound like they are signing one of Tapsoba or Van der Ven.

We need Napoli to up their bid. 110-115m to then spend should be plenty and that doesn’t include what we may get for RAN, Sa, Podence, Hwang

Missed the bit about Kilman still interesting Tottenham then.
If Max goes it's because the money offered is too good to turn down, not be use we have to sell. I like my house and am not looking to move but if someone offered about half as much again as it is worth I'd sell!

If Collins becomes a world class CB, I'll eat my own hair.

Fantastic business from us, Kilman will go also I believe. About time for JL to bring his own guys in and yes plenty of time or that only July 4th.

FFP sort of was an issue down the road, people have started to take this daft stance that if we sell £100m worth of players now we can sign £500m worth this summer on 5 year deals. Yeah, fine if you think the world might end in 2024. Last season's spending (both windows) was starting to catch up with us a bit and we couldn't carry on that way.

I think Kilman will go to Napoli.

Who is Napoli's equivalent of Di Stefano here... (obviously not Maradona as he's brown bread)

3945.jpg

Do scouts just watch a few full games of a player at the grounds? Do they have access to every full game to watch?

Yes I should probably Google

Just thinking about the value and interest with Kilman really and got me wondering (not that I'm on the hate wagon with him, I'm probably more the other way than most on here)

Do scouts just watch a few full games of a player at the grounds? Do they have access to every full game to watch?

Just thinking about the value and interest with Kilman really and got me wondering (not that I'm on the hate wagon with him, I'm probably more the other way than most on here)
People thought Eliaquim Mangala was going to be a great signing for City.

Scouting is hard. Inexact sciences and all that.

And fwiw I think Kilman could be quite good in a different league.

Reactions: b3h

Yes, yes and yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back