• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s the crux of it, Ferguson, Doherty, Podence and many more - they are just lazy fuckers. Flap their fucking arms when the ball passes then and look at someone else to blame. I’m reallly not keen on Hwang but at least he fucking tries.
South Bank hero Freddy Eastwood.

Kevin Kyle was SHIT but I'd take him every time over that square headed, gum chewing prick.

Barely watch anything not Wolves and certainly don't watch Champ football.

According to Google Brereton Diaz is on 12 goals, 4 assists this season (22 and 4 last season)

Worth a punt from us or another prem team? Only seen his highlights reelz. Does look good on them tbh

Barely watch anything not Wolves and certainly don't watch Champ football.

According to Google Brereton Diaz is on 12 goals, 4 assists this season (22 and 4 last season)

Worth a punt from us or another prem team? Only seen his highlights reelz. Does look good on them tbh
Signed a pre contract with Villarreal

Reactions: b3h
I'm not convinced he'd be intent on moving there (if we say he can go with little to no resistance, that's another story). It's not like you'd say they're inked in for CL football for years to come, Liverpool and Chelsea won't be as bad as they have been this year.

I always imagined he'd want to move, but to a club who are fixtures at the highest level, not one who could well just be having a one-off storm.

All makes sense really.

Walks into their team, CL football likely, can easily afford him. Sickens me though.
At least its not Liverpool, Man U or Arsenal.
(I'm going to ignore the political ownership issue).
Wherever he ends up, I hope he goes on to have a top career, except where it affects us obviously.

There are only four spots to go around, if we assume City will always take one with how things currently stand, then three of Arsenal, United, Liverpool, Chelsea, Tottenham and Newcastle are going to miss out every year.

They're absolutely not inked in, whereas if Barca could actually sign players (they can't) and wanted him (possible) then they are in that bracket.

There are only four spots to go around, if we assume City will always take one with how things currently stand, then three of Arsenal, United, Liverpool, Chelsea, Tottenham and Newcastle are going to miss out every year.

They're absolutely not inked in, whereas if Barca could actually sign players (they can't) and wanted him (possible) then they are in that bracket.

Yeah that’s a fair point, I think a lot will depend on how these 7 teams are managed. Could see Spurs dropping right out of contention for a while now though.

I just hope if it is newcastle he goes to we get top dollar and not bent over

That is true, but is the same not the case if he goes to any of the 5 you list? One thing we do know is they will at least be in the equation.

There is no market for him anywhere else so he doesn’t have a fat lot of choice.

I just hope if it is newcastle he goes to we get top dollar and not bent over
If he does go there, he'll be getting top dollar. Yeah, kind of dirty money, which is a shame, but he's been owed a massive payday for a while now.

That is true, but is the same not the case if he goes to any of the 5 you list? One thing we do know is they will at least be in the equation.

There is no market for him anywhere else so he doesn’t have a fat lot of choice.
Depends what else they and everyone else does in the market, but right now, with everyone starting from 0...I wouldn't be putting any money on them finishing above one of Arsenal, United and Liverpool next season, no.

The point is that I thought he'd go to a club where it's just taken for granted that you have it every season. If we do the right sort of business then we could be competing for 6th/7th, as could Newcastle. It's not the giant step forward where you think "yeah, fair enough".

Yeah that’s a fair point, I think a lot will depend on how these 7 teams are managed. Could see Spurs dropping right out of contention for a while now though.
Agreed. Kane’s goals have kept them in the conversation for a long time and they’re going to struggle to replace him if he leaves. Obviously they’ll bring new players in but it’s unlikely they’ll have the same impact given really top players will be looking at bigger and better teams.

Be interesting to see how Chelsea do as at the moment they look miles away from CL quality. A good manager might improve things but they seem to have spent an awful lot of money on mediocre players.

Depends what else they and everyone else does in the market, but right now, with everyone starting from 0...I wouldn't be putting any money on them finishing above one of Arsenal, United and Liverpool next season, no.

The point is that I thought he'd go to a club where it's just taken for granted that you have it every season. If we do the right sort of business then we could be competing for 6th/7th, as could Newcastle. It's not the giant step forward where you think "yeah, fair enough".
But those clubs in this country are City and…

Barcelona can’t sign players, doubt he goes to RM, doubt he goes to Italy or Germany. So if it’s not City then there’s no guarantees for anyone.

I just don't think it's an absolute no brainer for him, like we mostly thought any move would be a year or two ago.

If there's a new contract on the table from us then I don't imagine Newcastle's offer will be that much higher. They seem fairly sensible, no Garry Cook or Todd Boehly antics.

If he's that desperate to play in the CL at all costs then obviously he'd go, but none of us know that.

Liverpool have had a shocker of a year and are now very likely to miss out, but you would say that would be the exception. It would be more surprising if they didn't qualify in 2024, 2025 and 2026 than if Newcastle did the same thing.

I just don't think it's an absolute no brainer for him, like we mostly thought any move would be a year or two ago.

If there's a new contract on the table from us then I don't imagine Newcastle's offer will be that much higher. They seem fairly sensible, no Garry Cook or Todd Boehly antics.

If he's that desperate to play in the CL at all costs then obviously he'd go, but none of us know that.

Liverpool have had a shocker of a year and are now very likely to miss out, but you would say that would be the exception. It would be more surprising if they didn't qualify in 2024, 2025 and 2026 than if Newcastle did the same thing.
He doesn’t have the option though as there’s no market for him. Rightly or wrongly other clubs don’t seem to be interested.

I said the other day I was told he could well stay given personal circumstances but then that article came out from Percy where it would seem IMO like the club would semi force him out to raise funds.

So he may stay if there’s no solid interest for a worthwhile fee. But if there is interest then the club may semi force him out given we have 4 CMs likely to be here next year and there no one else really generating serious cash for FFP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back