• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way those two played today I take it all back what I said about him, he cannot be worse than them.

Last edited:
Collins' biggest issue was Kilman and vice versa. Kilman is OK when he's got a commanding, calm presence next to him, Collins never got that chance. It's why if Dawson is on the wane I'm very concerned it'll negatively affect both of them. We needed two new centre halves this window, instead of that we've managed to weaken the depth. I have no evidence other than belief but I think Kilman was Lopetegui's red line, so we kept him, he fucked off anyway and the Napoli opportunity had gone. In the wider context of this Summer that was bonkers.

Kilman is still doing the thing where he rushes out of his position to engage a player, not getting the ball and then leaving a massive gap where he came from. If you make the decision to come and engage the player with the ball like that you have to get it or bring the player down you can't be leaving holes like that especially when the other CB isn't the most mobile. If he doesn't stop this he's going to cost us quite a few goals.

Selling Collins and not replacing him was, yet another, piece of stupid transfer business by the Club.

Fosun made money of it, that’s all that matters tbh.
Doing a bit of googling the other day, they do as a group seem to be having money issues, there’s a few 2023 reports saying this

The money they invest into Wolves is pittance compared to the wider group, it wouldn’t have an effect on their ability to invest in Wolves.

They just don’t want to - they’ve made a choice and it’s going to harm us quite quickly but they have taken a gamble on it not.

They aren’t making any money out of it. WWFC will just have a big profit (or not a loss). Why that is no one knows for sure. The likely reasons being they don’t want to put the required owner financing in or are preparing us for sale.

But why Jeff says “we will be able to spend again next year” doesn’t make sense, unless he’s lying…

Fosun made money of it, that’s all that matters tbh.
Doing a bit of googling the other day, they do as a group seem to be having money issues, there’s a few 2023 reports saying this
After sign on fees, a year of wages, probably agent fees too - I highly doubt we did make money on Collins. Maybe for FFP purposes, but little else.

Without digging the individual out, it goes to show how easily across the fan base it's been swallowed though. The E&S say it therefore it must be true
I still haven't seen anybody be able to prove it otherwise by using maths and stuff though.

No, you've just chosen to ignore what you've been shown. If your only acceptable proof is the 2022/3 accounts and the 2023/4 accounts you'll be waiting a long time
Woo, hang on, i don't believe the FFP line from Fosun, however, I can understand why there are people who DO believe it, as they haven't been given evidence that categorically tells them otherwise.

Also, the "what you've been shown" stuff is what exactly? Unless you are referring to something I've not seen?

Facts & data are for losers
I'm saying that the stark lack of facts or data is why it's a difficult argument, and until someone, be it a journalist or someone with a bit of weight behind them on Twitter takes the time, Fosun will continue to take the piss and the fans will continue to accept it.

Woo, hang on, i don't believe the FFP line from Fosun, however, I can understand why there are people who DO believe it, as they haven't been given evidence that categorically tells them otherwise.

Also, the "what you've been shown" stuff is what exactly? Unless you are referring to something I've not seen?
I'm not going to post it again. You asked a similar question towards the end of last week and more than one poster responded, people buy into it or not. As I said if their only credible sources are the club, what the club tells client journalists or the accounts themselves then they aren't ever going to be convinced otherwise. Pretty basic maths and less in the pocket journalists don't support it though.

On the basis that last season’s accounts don’t have to be published until March 2024 and this season’s until March 2025 you won’t see a definitive answer until then. Estimates have us well within limits for last season and £100m of sales for this season leaves means the same applies.
The CEO can bullshit as most will have forgotten by the time 2025 comes around and shit journalists can’t be arsed to do some digging so just parrot what they have been told.

I'm saying that the stark lack of facts or data is why it's a difficult argument, and until someone, be it a journalist or someone with a bit of weight behind them on Twitter takes the time, Fosun will continue to take the piss and the fans will continue to accept it.
There is enough data out there to know FFP isn't an issue for us.

I'm not going to post it again. You asked a similar question towards the end of last week and more than one poster responded, you can buy into it or not. As I said if people's only credible sources are the club, what the club tells client journalists or the accounts themselves then they aren't ever going to be convinced otherwise. Pretty basic maths and less in the pocket journalists don't support it though.
I did ask a similar question last week, and the same people who take the piss out of people for "believing" the club, couldn't produce a reasonable set of figures to prove it either way.

Now, given that we've pulled in £93million this summer and shaved around £30mill off the wage bill, like you i think Fosun are taking the piss, however we did also spend a shit tonne in the prior 2 windows on the other side of the argument.

What i do want to know is what has changed between Hobbs saying we had an 8-15mil basket we were shopping in, and then suddenly even that was too much, that CAN'T be because of FFP, well unless we are ran by complete incompetents, something has changed from up above, it must have.

But until a journalist or even a decently followed X (!!) user brings Fosun to task about this, the narrative will continue to be controlled by Fosun, so i don't blame those who do believe Fosun's line, and it's pretty arrogant to take the piss out of those that do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back