• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wolves fans did not particularly like Jack Price as a starting option when we aspired to win the Championship, Colorado Rapids fans love him.
This is to me what Doc winning POTS is to you.

Jack was so good for the level(s) we were at when he played. Shit, even in the Cup against City (when Bright missed, what, three 1-on-1's?) he was brilliant.

Bah, all moot now but I had/have an enormous soft spot for the old Shropshire Pirlo.

Fosun don't inject cash into the club (don't particularly need to either) and can't realistically siphon it out of the club so it's irrelevant.
Oh ok.
I'm just trying to make sense of why they are basically lying regarding FFP when it's obvious to all we desparately need a centre back and run the risk of relegation if things got really unlucky with injuries/suspensions.

Saiss was an enormous step up on Price, let's be honest here. So was N'Diaye for that matter.

And neither were considered worthy of playing CM in the Premier League for us, so that's where Jacko was.
Nah, wouldn't sit here and stump for him as a Prem CM that everyone just missed out on. But for the Champo I thought he was bloody excellent.

Jack's set-pieces are still top class but so are JWP's, I don't think he's a Prem CM, either.

Price broke through in League One (Mick nearly released him a couple of years previous) and then for the next two years we were a club that *might* make the playoffs but more likely would be mid-table in the Championship.

That was his level, he was never an excellent Championship player. He was better than any of Edwards, Saville, Coady (as a CM), Rowe or Evans who we had at the same time and often got picked ahead of him. Better than Kev McDonald too once he gave up trying in 2015/16 but then pretty much anyone would have been.

LL is still peddling the line that we can make 'loans and transfers for small fees' and we need to sell Podence and Jonny to increase that.

Load of rubbish. We would fetch at most £15m for both (combined), and that's me being hopeful.

CB is the absolute top priority, closely followed by GK and CM. The CM is more so just so we can let Hodge go on loan to get some experience.

In which case I'd go for Harwood-Belis.

I think the 4th choice midfielder could be anybody

Wouldn't he want to go somewhere he's going to realistically start? If he wants to sit on a bench he can do that at City?

We absolutely need a CB as the first order of business.

I wouldn't mind a loan or two for a young wide player as cover, and someone who can play the No.10 role if Cunha wasn't available. Nunes should be able to do a similar job to Cunha with his running from deep tbh but I wouldn't want to have to trust he can do it consistently.

We wouldn't though, would we? That's the problem. As you said, it'll go in the bank.

We can't sell him, or Gomes or Nunes - all three are essential to how we play and we won't lose a lot of midfield battles this year as long as they are all playing.
Dunno, maybe Cunha could play the Nunes role and then play an actual striker up front.

Absolutely nailed No Neck Forestieri after this:

For which he'll always get a bit of love.

He was fine, just a mid-table Championship player. There was a place for that at the time.
I don't think I've despised a player quite like that cunt Forestieri, if only Bakary had twatted him for real then he'd likely have never got up.

The state of that referee too, makes Hooper from Monday look like an Olympic distance runner.

Why are there fans on Twitter getting their knickers in a twist about Lemina leaving?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back