• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
We only had a problem if we didn't sell anyone, we've sold loads.

FFP broadly speaking ceased to be a live issue for Wolves once we sold Neves for just under double what we were expecting if Barcelona could break some more rules, and definitely once we somehow made a profit on Nathan Stearman.

There are still morons on Twitter who believe the Fosun FFP line and won't alter that without evidence to prove otherwise.

Fosun are blessed that it can't actually be proven one way or the other.

What league are F.C Limbo in anyway?
They seem to be putting a sizeable squad together with our help 😳

There are still morons on Twitter who believe the Fosun FFP line and won't alter that without evidence to prove otherwise.

Fosun are blessed that it can't actually be proven one way or the other.
It can be proven but only in retrospect because football accounts lag so far behind real time.

Anyway if you own a calculator you can prove it's almost certainly bollocks and if you can remember back more than one year then you'll know they lie about it because they already have before.

Let's just go and offer £3m to Derby for Eiran Cashin.

Even we can afford that.

We are clear even if you believe their own bullshit. 46m loss in 21/2, 80m loss worse case in 22/3 per the number they want Keen to run around with, so £21m profit needed to be clear. Netting off Cunha and Traore we are about £20odd million in the black without taking into account amortisation or the circa £20m a year we've reduced the wage bill by. To still believe it you are either simple, gullible or delusional

I can only use the figures we know.
You can confidently project >£120m of TV/prize income for 2022/23.

Whatever the last annual gate receipts were in the last set of accounts, we'll have more than that as attendances stayed around the same and prices went up.

This all needs sewing up neatly, sticking on twitter by someone with a few followers.....and being pushed amongst the fanbase, Fosun are controlling the FFP narrative and it is bollocks.

If the facts are there they'll have to.

I had someone say the other day that we won't have made a saving on Lop's wages as we paid him off, they honestly think we'll have given him all of his salary to the end of his contract! 🙄

No, they won't.

I've argued with people on there before about finances, they won't accept it. They wouldn't accept that we were fucking wank under Lage either.

Eventually you give up as it's more productive and fun for me to throw endless tennis balls out of my bedroom window and see if one actually floats in mid-air.

I had someone say the other day that we won't have made a saving on Lop's wages as we paid him off, they honestly think we'll have given him all of his salary to the end of his contract! 🙄
You're giving people a lot of credit here.

Psychologists and sociologists have known for a while that incontrovertible evidence doesn't typically change people's minds if they aren't already on the fence, it just makes them double down on the original inaccuracy.

You can confidently project >£120m of TV/prize income for 2022/23.

Whatever the last annual gate receipts were in the last set of accounts, we'll have more than that as attendances stayed around the same and prices went up.
We know that the PL money for 2022/3 £123m
I'm not trying to post detailed finances, just the transfer figures for the seasons without accounts yet.

You're giving people a lot of credit here.

Psychologists and sociologists have known for a while that incontrovertible evidence doesn't typically change people's minds if they aren't already on the fence, it just makes them double down on the original inaccuracy.
If it changes just one mind, it's worth it.

I'm not trying to post detailed finances, just the transfer figures for the seasons without accounts yet.
But as Tony points out it's a stupid thing to do given amortisation, increased TV revenue (an extra £25m last season from USA) increased ticket revenue and lopping nearly £30m off the wage bill.

We are nowhere near being in trouble.

And I cannot understand why people think transfer fees in = transfer fees out.

It's crackers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back