• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
19/20 - £39.3m loss
20/21 - £18.4m profit
21/22 - £46.1m loss
22/23 - £150m spent, £53m gain - £97m net spend
23/24 - £52m spent, £93m gain - £41m net gain
But the £150m spent will be amortised over 4/5 years so over 4 years it’s only £37.5m for accounting purposes.

Jesus H Christ on a bike!!

It's not there for any accounting insights, it's just there for info on our transfer business. It's not there for any indication on what our accounts P&L will be.

People keep banging on about how much we've spent and how much profit we need to make this summer. That's all it's there for! Just for a reference.

Jesus wept, It's not there for any accounting insights, it's just there for info on our transfer business. It's not there for any indication on what our accounts P&L will be.

People keep banging on about how much we've spent and how much profit we need to make this summer. That's all it's there for! Just for a reference.
The tears were amortized over 3 days.

Looked alright on Monday, only flys if Pod is off though. Can't see him getting much game time though

Could do with a couple of these loans even if we don’t have an option.

Boosting the squad has to be a priority

I'm fine with a couple of loans but that's not a priority area for me. A CM to fuck Hodge well away from contention and a CH because we don't have anything like enough of them.

The middle bit is an elastic point of Fosun's choosing, whatever their bizarre reasoning is. Maths doesn't come into it.

We don't *need* any more sales. We don't *need* to spend £0 from this point.

I'm fine with a couple of loans but that's not a priority area for me. A CM to fuck Hodge well away from contention and a CH because we don't have anything like enough of them.
Correct. CM + CH. We obviously can't afford another forward and with Fabio seemingly staying, Sasa back and the option to play Cunha through the middle (although not ideal), I guess we can park that for now.

CH is the big one because we only have Toti there as a back up for two places. I'm not sure Pond is ready for PL football just yet.

The Dier link (though it almost certainly was pulled from someone's ass) made sense to me because he theoretically fills both our 4th CM spot and 4th CB spot. I would have thought Fosun would be all over that sort of thing (two for the price of one, so to speak).

Isnt the Chinese economy in the shit?
Wouldn't that affect Fosun?
Wouldn't it be better to blame FFP than talking the Chinese economy down causing it to tank further?
Perhaps the CCP would prefer that.
Maybe I'm reading too much between the lines.

The Dier link (though it almost certainly was pulled from someone's ass) made sense to me because he theoretically fills both our 4th CM spot and 4th CB spot. I would have thought Fosun would be all over that sort of thing (two for the price of one, so to speak).
I wouldn't want to pay all his current wages and it would depend on his attitude (no point him coming here if he thinks he's above us or should be guaranteed a start) but I wouldn't necessarily mind Dier. He's not Champions League or England quality but he's fine for a mid-table club.

Isnt the Chinese economy in the shit?
Wouldn't that affect Fosun?
Wouldn't it be better to blame FFP than talking the Chinese economy down causing it to tank further?
Perhaps the CCP would prefer that.
Maybe I'm reading too much between the lines.
Fosun don't inject cash into the club (don't particularly need to either) and can't realistically siphon it out of the club so it's irrelevant.

I wouldn't want to pay all his current wages and it would depend on his attitude (no point him coming here if he thinks he's above us or should be guaranteed a start) but I wouldn't necessarily mind Dier. He's not Champions League or England quality but he's fine for a mid-table club.
The Spurs fans I know hate him!

You'd think we'd go after Harwood-Belis and Doyle. Both are going out on loan and we could get them on a loan to buy option.
Think we can only have one loan off a single PL club (and two loans off PL clubs in total)

The Spurs fans I know hate him!
Yeah because they expect to be top four all the time, which given they've had the best English striker since Shearer isn't unrealistic, and he isn't that level, not reliably anyway.

Wolves fans did not particularly like Jack Price as a starting option when we aspired to win the Championship, Colorado Rapids fans love him.

Aye, and it would be nice to have a CB other than Toti who can turn faster than a tugboat (much as Dawson has surpassed my expectations, he still ain't quick).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back