• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Presumably they don't have an agent they feel contractually obliged to overfeed every couple of years?

Apart from the transfer fee Podence’s wages will likely be a problem too. Not sure how this one gets done.

Presumably they don't have an agent they feel contractually obliged to overfeed every couple of years?
Nope, really weird.

They also tend to buy players from undervalued markets like Japan & Korea but instead of doing it to boost their non existent fan base in Asia the only purpose seems to be to genuinely improve their squad. Fucking batshit if you ask me.

Nah, Jota (Felipe) is better than Podence IMO. If his development had come a year earlier he'd have been a much better signing for us than Podence but it never really 'clicked' for him until 2020/21.

He's a good player, was excellent in that Celtic front 3. We definitely underrate Podence though, in the SPL where Ryan Kent looked like a superstar for a season Podence is going to shine. Wouldn't be surprised if he got near 20 league goals.

Podence will rip the SPL up, would be a really good signing for Celtic and a good move for him to kickstart his career a bit.

Yeah, Podence would score plenty of goals in Scotland, but from what I’ve read, Celtic aren’t going to offer anything close to the £12m we want, so likely a non-starter.

He'll go at the end of the window for whatever we can get either permanently or on loan. He's not the type you want hanging around

Yeah this window is the last chance to get any kind of money for him so expect our asking price to drop as we get closer to the end of the window.

He's a good player, was excellent in that Celtic front 3. We definitely underrate Podence though, in the SPL where Ryan Kent looked like a superstar for a season Podence is going to shine. Wouldn't be surprised if he got near 20 league goals.
Obviously he’s a good player and likewise he would do very well in a much weaker league playing for a dominant team which accentuates his positives and completely masks his weaknesses

Don’t think he’s underrated though. There’s a reason that in modern day numbers we are practically giving him away and there’s not exactly a big queue for him.

Even better if we can actually spend it too! I think that would gets us Elvedi?
Nah we'd still need to find another £4m down the back of Jeff's sofa to buy him.

Probably have stewards out with buckets outside Molineux on Saturday asking for donations at this rate.

That would get us to the £100m, so one more needed so we stay above it

Can't see us signing anyone for a fee.
Agree. The only one I could see is Cresswell if we sell Aït-Nouri which seems unlikely at this stage.

I think we'll see centre backs start to be linked on loan in the last week of the window. Tommy Doyle potentially as well.

The only curveball would be if one of the 'established' players leaves and we need to replace him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back