• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
You’d think they would have learned the lesson that good succession planning can save millions. You’d like to think they are planning on avoiding relegation and therefore bringing in a CH to compete with and eventually replace Dawson should be addressed now. Elvedi makes complete sense as it would give him time to settle in and I’m disappointed that given he seems to be available at the right price we are dithering and could lose him probably for the sake of a couple of million.

If we are going for a loan i hope its an option to buy rather than an obligation. Feel like they cause more issues in the sense its effectively like a footballer buying credit service and so is less of a loan and more about committing future spending.

And again it's conflating issues.

Yes I am sure we would like to sell Jonny and Podence. Jonny because he's now third choice RB and fourth choice LB, we don't need him and he'll hardly play, so he's just eating up a hefty wage for nothing. Podence because if we don't sell him now then we aren't going to get any money for him and he doesn't fit how we have set up for much of the last six months (he isn't a wide player in a midfield four, isn't really a second striker either).

We don't need to sell one or both so we can afford Elvedi.

And again it's conflating issues.

Yes I am sure we would like to sell Jonny and Podence. Jonny because he's now third choice RB and fourth choice LB, we don't need him and he'll hardly play, so he's just eating up a hefty wage for nothing. Podence because if we don't sell him now then we aren't going to get any money for him and he doesn't fit how we have set up for much of the last six months (he isn't a wide player in a midfield four, isn't really a second striker either).

We don't need to sell one or both so we can afford Elvedi.
Looks like a round figure of £100m net has been set. Also looks like PTS has been given a bollocking for lending his name to an article saying our issues aren't FFP based and has hopped back on the bullshit bus

I can’t believe we haven’t even tried to get some loans in even if there’s no buy option just to give us the cover we need

Think that'll be last resort. We've never wanted to just develop players for other clubs.

Going to predict a manic deadline day...names linked....medicals booked, excitement on X, rumours flying everywhere, Jinky lost down a Wolves rumour social media rabbit hole and the end result

Outgoings:
Jonny: Joins a Spanish club on loan (no obligation)
Podence: Joins Forest for a few million (add ons per phlegm emitted)
Guedes: Whoever Jorge can persuade

Incomings:
All praise Alfie Pond our ready made 4th choice CB. No need to spend...

PTS:

*We need to sell *more* if we want to buy anybody
*Podence and/or Jonny most likely to be sold
*Tommy Doyle on loan discussed but unlikely
*Elvedi a target if we raise funds, a free or a loaner if not

He obviously has no thoughts on why we need more sales considering we've recouped £93m.
My subscription for The Athletic has finally finished and I haven't renewed. I've already had a "50p per month" offer sent over, but until they get someone other than PTS covering us, they've got no hope.

Going to predict a manic deadline day...names linked....medicals booked, excitement on X, rumours flying everywhere, Jinky lost down a Wolves rumour social media rabbit hole and the end result

Outgoings:
Jonny: Joins a Spanish club on loan (no obligation)
Podence: Joins Forest for a few million (add ons per phlegm emitted)
Guedes: Whoever Jorge can persuade

Incomings:
All praise Alfie Pond our ready made 4th choice CB. No need to spend...
I’m hoping Podence goes long before deadline day and I’ll be amazed if we don’t bring in another CB.

We could definitely afford to do so, we just chose to impose spending limits which prevented it. At this stage its nowt to do with FFP and everything to do with our owners
You can bet your bottom dollar that if we're in/around the bottom three in January they'll magically find some money to spend. We all know it's nothing to do with FFP.

I've tried to find reasonable explanations for most of what Fosun has done over the last six or so months and cling to them.

There's no way to reasonably explain a summer transfer spend of $0.00 (I'm not giving them the benefit of the doubt on the spending that made the loans permanent). There's absolutely nothing positive to latch on to there.

It's mostly a CB we could really do with, even if just on loan. I'd like a GK as well but centre-back is an absolute priority as we're so wafer thin.

It's mostly a CB we could really do with, even if just on loan. I'd like a GK as well but centre-back is an absolute priority as we're so wafer thin.
A new centre back would put pressure on the existing pairing to step up , and that can only be a good thing . Toti has played more often as a left back than a centre back under JL .
Look at Semedo the other night - he now thinks that he has a rival at right back , whereas last year he had none . Not that I'm calling Doherty a serious alternative - just the way that Nelson might perceive it .

I’ll be amazed if we don’t bring in another CB.
"we had a number of options but sadly couldn't get them over the line. A combination of the clubs not being ready to let them go and some late changes in the terms. However, we have Alfie who is ready and able should we need to call on him. Gary O'Neil is happy with Alfie and will not fear giving him his Premier League debut"

"we had a number of options but sadly couldn't get them over the line. A combination of the clubs not being ready to let them go and some late changes in the terms. However, we have Alfie who is ready and able should we need to call on him. Gary O'Neil is happy with Alfie and will not fear giving him his Premier League debut"

I mean, we'd surely have to see Pond play for at least 10-15 games before proffering an opinion on him

I tend to bring the chinese economy into the equation when pondering the fosun mystery.
In short the overall scheme of things the chinese economy is in or close to shitcreek, and i am sure i read somewhere fosun profits were down to 50 million last announced.
Im no accountant, but sounds like fosuns real worries to me, and thus jeff's job is to spend fuck all and maximise everything, that is assuming he still has a job.

The club operates on its own though. Fosun don't put money in regularly, they aren't even allowed to on any great scale.

We've sold £90m+ worth of players, Fosun can't have that.

That's the thing, what's the mechanism that fosun would use to take money out of wolves?

Or is it just that showing a positive on the balance sheet is enough?

I mean you *can* take money out of a club. In the same way that I *could* go and rob Barclays tomorrow.

Albion's dodgy twat is currently on the hook for "loaning" money from the football club to one of his other shit businesses. Not even a lot of money in the grand scheme of things either. You can't really do it.

Let Shi cook (the books)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back