• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, it would be so like Fosun after Mondays performance, where even though we lost there’s a lot of positivity we do something like this. Bloody mood hoovers.

Surely we don’t need to recoup any more cash.

Gotta make number go up innit

PTS:

*We need to sell *more* if we want to buy anybody
*Podence and/or Jonny most likely to be sold
*Tommy Doyle on loan discussed but unlikely
*Elvedi a target if we raise funds, a free or a loaner if not

He obviously has no thoughts on why we need more sales considering we've recouped £93m.

PTS:

*We need to sell *more* if we want to buy anybody
*Podence and/or Jonny most likely to be sold
*Tommy Doyle on loan discussed but unlikely
*Elvedi a target if we raise funds, a free or a loaner if not

He obviously has no thoughts on why we need more sales considering we've recouped £93m.
I think I'd like his job as you get to do fuck all and get paid for it.

The idea that we couldn't even afford to stump up the £2 million for Cresswell is sobering.

As you say, the idea that the £93 million we've raised this summer is insufficient for buying anyone, but that whatever pennies we get for Jonny will push us to a position where we can spend, is just asinine. If we don't have the money to spend now, we never will.

The idea that we couldn't even afford to stump up the £2 million for Cresswell is sobering.

As you say, the idea that the £93 million we've raised this summer is insufficient for buying anyone, but that whatever pennies we get for Jonny will push us to a position where we can spend, is just asinine. If we don't have the money to spend now, we never will.
We could definitely afford to do so, we just chose to impose spending limits which prevented it. At this stage its nowt to do with FFP and everything to do with our owners

It's not just the transfer fees, just think of the wage savings too??

Raul - 100k
Moutinho - 100k
Neves - 80k
Adama - 40k
Coady - 50k
Costa - 40k
Collins - 30k
Giles - 15k

Going from Lop who with his team was on 10million a year (200k a week) to GON who will be on probably a 5th of that, is another significant saving.

It's around 600k a week, or 30mill a year we've shaved off the wage bill.

Fosun are taking the piss with this FFP bollocks, it's about them refusing to spend.

Our fans, like all fans are transfer junkies and will forever want new players whether we need them or not. But the club could quite easily have made a statement along the lines of "owing to our poor league position at the end of 2022, much of our planned activity had to be brought forward to January of this year and therefore this summer will see fewer incomings than normal" and enough people would probably at least partly accept that. I mean most of us accept that the vast majority of the outgoing players no longer offered any value to us and we won't miss them.

But instead it's a mix of silence and inaccuracy.

It’s bonkers but we should still be able to get rid of Podence Jonny and Guedes without really impacting the team. It’s such a false economy as well - if we go down because of a depleted squad then we lose an absolute ton more than just spending 10-20m on a couple of players now

But the club could quite easily have made a statement along the lines of "owing to our poor league position at the end of 2022, much of our planned activity had to be brought forward to January of this year and therefore this summer will see fewer incomings than normal" and enough people would probably at least partly accept that. I mean most of us accept that the vast majority of the outgoing players no longer offered any value to us and we won't miss them.

But instead it's a mix of silence and inaccuracy.
Jeff literally said exactly that in his letter.

"An additional factor to consider in our FFP management is that last January we invested much more highly in the first-team than we had anticipated, bringing in six players. It was a very unusual winter window for us, and it literally advanced the investment room originally left for this summer.

The positive thing is that FFP is based on a rolling number, season by season, so if we do manage it well this summer, next summer we will be more free financially".

Jeff literally said exactly that in his letter.

"An additional factor to consider in our FFP management is that last January we invested much more highly in the first-team than we had anticipated, bringing in six players. It was a very unusual winter window for us, and it literally advanced the investment room originally left for this summer.

The positive thing is that FFP is based on a rolling number, season by season, so if we do manage it well this summer, next summer we will be more free financially".
He's still using it in the context of FFP though, which is wrong.

Didn't we all admit that FFP could be a concern next season if we splashed too much this summer, after the January spending on top?

I've got no problem them saying they have to be careful because of overall future FFP concerns, it's when they outright say they can't buy anyone, or afford £10m fees because of it that they're full of shit.

It would have been a concern if we sold no-one which obviously was never going to happen.

No-one even has an issue with us making a large profit during one isolated window. It's spending £0 when there is at least one gaping hole in the squad that's asking for trouble, when we've brought in £90m+ and slashed the wage bill.

As EP said above we've also addresses FFP by clearing wages and amortised deals from the books for future years. Its bullshit

Even if you believe the FFP shit and believe the £80m loss last season, ignore the wage savings, we could still spend about £25m now and be clear.

I can’t believe we haven’t even tried to get some loans in even if there’s no buy option just to give us the cover we need

I think Toti would largely be OK. It's if Gomes or Lemina get injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back