• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
28 players out, 2 piles of crap in, and a new manager a week before start.

I'm not sure why but I'm honestly hopeful some players will step up this season. To try and add a positive spin.

No one wants to be constantly gossiped by other teams and fans pipped to be relegated this season, they have egos and will play hard and will want to change opinions.

What better team for O'Neil to take on, its only up from here for him you would of thought, would be shocking to do worse than JLO at this rate. Both him and the players will have a chip on their shoulder and something to prove, which imo is a lot better mental state for them all to have over last year where we just coasted and overspent.

Lets get this FFP sorted, get some results, then hopeful that we can sign some good boosts in the next transfer window.

I'd rather go back to no rumours at all than what we've been linked to now.

Can we have any good news this week?

To answer the Hobbs question: he's spending all his time spinning around in Shi's big boy chair, lazily stamping official documents such as ones that read 'Mutual Termination Agreement' with one hand whilst googling South American prospects on his phone with the other.
Dunno where this has come from but a friend of mine reckons we're in for Eric Dier on loan.

It's so underwhelming it could be true. Although he does offer versatility. He's shit in more than one position.

Part of the £70m spending spree?...
It was £75m. I said it sounded like bollocks and was proven correct just one minute later. It's also a different friend this time,. probably full of just as much shit though, so hopefully well wide of the mark.

Eric Dier who is 29 and has 49 England caps? Not the most exciting signing but a world apart from the likes of Cresswell and plays in a position we desperately need. Given the window to date he’s probably as good as we’re going to get.

Personally think Dier would be a great loan for a team expected to finish in the bottom 6. Highly experienced, fluent Portuguese speaker, no less capable than anyone currently in our back line…

Dunno where this has come from but a friend of mine reckons we're in for Eric Dier on loan.

It's so underwhelming it could be true. Although he does offer versatility. He's shit in more than one position.
Doherty's best mate at Spurs, bantz central

How did we go from boosting about our approach to generating young talent in Jeff's statement 2 weeks ago, to trying to sign Schmeichel, Cresswell, Antonio and Dier?

How did we go from boosting about our approach to generating young talent in Jeff's statement 2 weeks ago, to trying to sign Schmeichel, Cresswell, Antonio and Dier?
Tbf Cresswell is the only one of those with any real substance

Well apparently Antonio predicted us to go down so be a bit awkward if we then signed him (if true)

Well apparently Antonio predicted us to go down so be a bit awkward if we then signed him (if true)
"Why'd you choose Wolves?"

"Well, I picked the club to go down, so I'm here to save it"

We’ve got to trust in the process, until January when we get rid of it, throw money at the squad to keep us up, then it’s back to the process of having FFP to deal with, so we can’t sign anyone in the summer

And the one I least want, not that I want any of them.
I often get the feeling when watching Liverpool Diogo Jota is played as a bit player. Often on the bench, often gets pulled...
We should try to get him back, I mean, he knows the club, he knows his way round, probably still got his house here, everyone likes him blah blah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back