• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly don’t get why we’re signing another LB. Antonio I can live with but Just file it with underwhelming like the rest of the last few months

Antonio would presumably be the fourth forward option, which frees up Sarabia/Hwang to be the other wide option. I can take that, in the circumstances.

Cresswell makes no sense, as we're clearly going to ditch RAN and make a miniscule profit and then have to replace his replacement in 12 months anyway.

Obviously a competent PL team shouldn't be anywhere near this, but Antonio offers us an option up top and Cresswell will be the left sided centre half as apparently O'Neil often likes to drop to a 3. It's wank, but here we are. Signing 3 players who your relegation rivals don't want isn't a strategy that's going to work in the medium term and probably not in the short either

If they do come in, I hope that the relegation clauses are watertight and brutal. Setting yourself up to go bump signing those on a downward spiral on huge wages and on long term contracts.

Sell RAN and Fabio and get Cresswell and Antonio in for a fraction of the money 💰

I’ve totally changed my mind on Sa, Kilman, Podence and Silva now.

As shit and replaceable as they are, now we’ve got absolutely no money I’ve done a u-turn and want everyone to stay.

Largely because the players we’re being linked with are massively more horrific than the ones we’re meant to be getting rid of.
Sorry, forgot Guedes.

That piece of useless shit can stay too.

I’ve totally changed my mind on Sa, Kilman, Podence and Silva now.

As shit and replaceable as they are, now we’ve got absolutely no money I’ve done a u-turn and want everyone to stay.

Largely because the players we’re being linked with are massively more horrific than the ones we’re meant to be getting rid of.
Welcome to my world pal, it's dark and miserable.

Cresswell, Antonio and Schmeichel, fuck me.

I'm just waiting for Hobbs, laughing maniacally in scouse to peel off his skin and reveal our Sporting Director is actually Dave Jones...

Don't mind having Antonio. The reasons why not to sign Cresswell have been said time and again.
Antonio predicted we’ll be relegated on his radio show yesterday. He’s probably right. Probably not the best way to improve team spirit though.

At the end of the season I accepted we wouldn’t be splashing big money on players but never really envisaged that expectation levels would be ground down so relentlessly that we’d be looking at a pair from West Ham with a combined age of nearer 70 than 60 as the main recruits. I’d rather have kept Giles and Sanderson than sign this pair if that’s the extent of our budget. How you can go from Gudes, Nunes and Cunha to this is almost unbelievable. Nothing to do with FFP just a complete change in direction from owners that seem to think we’re immune from relegation. Not felt so disengaged from the club since the Bhatti era. So glad I’m paying nearly £1500 for two season tickets.

Who is making these decisions? I mean, bottom line, who?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back