• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both Gestifute clients no less. I wouldn't be opposed to Banza, his returns over the last couple of seasons have been very healthy, Vezo I only know by name but I wouldn't sniff at another CB.
CB? I'm all in.

Banza is mid/upper Championship standard.

Don't know much about Vezo.

I listened to Spiers Podcast and this.

The pair of them are a fucking joke. Figures wrong, smearing players. It's scummy client journalism at its worst

Spiers in particular is a fucking despisable cunt. LL is just thick.

Agree on your point about client journalism but also vindicates your point from a day or two ago about players 'Downing tools' or having no respect for the manager too. Not that it should need vindicating, there's dozens of examples.

Agree on your point about client journalism but also vindicates your point from a day or two ago about players 'Downing tools' or having no respect for the manager too. Not that it should need vindicating, there's dozens of examples.

Interested in the downing tools part. Could you elaborate a bit as I just can't sit and listen to his monotone voice for long enough to do it myself?

He's got nothing on me. I just have 99 self control compared to Johnny's 2.
This is true. The best way I can describe this at the game is in picture form. Which is probably the only thing I'm looking forward to this season.

giphy.webp

Liverpool agree £111million fee for Caicedo. Chelsea may (somehow - haven't they spent enough?) try and match or better it.

Meanwhile, at Wolves: one free transfer and lost a quality manager due to lack of ambition and broken promises.

The gap between the 'big' clubs and the rest is just ridiculous. What a way to run a 'competitive' league!

Liverpool agree £111million fee for Caicedo. Chelsea may (somehow - haven't they spent enough?) try and match or better it.

Meanwhile, at Wolves: one free transfer and lost a quality manager due to lack of ambition and broken promises.

The gap between the 'big' clubs and the rest is just ridiculous. What a way to run a 'competitive' league!
Look at the Chelsea ownership structure and then how many players they've sold to Saudi Arabia at inflated prices they aren't coincidental

I don’t think the prices the Saudis paid for the chelsea players were particularly inflated tbh. Caicedo for 110m is way more ridiculous

I don’t think the prices the Saudis paid for the chelsea players were particularly inflated tbh. Caicedo for 110m is way more ridiculous
I'd say Koulibaly was, he's 32 and had a horrific season last time out. No-one in Europe was paying half that for him.

I'd say Koulibaly was, he's 32 and had a horrific season last time out. No-one in Europe was paying half that for him.

Yeah I guess so, but it was half of what Chelsea paid 2? Years ago and he still had a fairly big reputation. Probably get 10-12 from Europe for him. I don’t think it’s more inflated than Neves if we’re comparing to what European teams would have offered for him

Chelsea have been very good at offloading their hugely expensive purchases for giant fees though. It's Liverpools spending that gets me, running massive deficits

They did just recently, true. But their outgoings over 3-4 seasons are dwarfed by their signings.

Wolves can't compete, no, but they did throw £44M out on Cunha and £38M for Nunes, so being competitive there on chucking cash at a player above their value.

Wasn't their an inforgraphic (or just graph/tweet) after the Jan window of all the bottom teams spending in the summer and winter transfer windows? We were 1st or 2nd behind Forest iirc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back