• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soon to be the only club not to have spent a penny in terms of actual transfer fee. Cheers Fosun you utter shits.
It's not the lack of spending. It's the culture and the dishonesty that they operate with that really grates on me.

I've only dealt with a small number of Chinese businesses but they've all operated in the same way. Everything is OK until it isn't and then it isn't their fault and there is no apology. It's not a business culture that did well with me but this is what Fosun are.

We must be heading for the highest negative spend in PL history. I can’t think of any team bringing in upwards of £80m from sales with zero expenditure. Nice record to sit alongside our double double relegations.

It's not though is it as Cunha and Traore count as money spent in this window.

Still doesn't excuse the £0 after that though.

Semantics. That money was spent/committed well before this summer.

It was but you know its the line that will be used.

Also add to your bingo card
*Sasa. Finally get to see the £16m spent on him
*Guedes - another £27m we will see the best of (club say this not me so pipe down @Deutsch Wolf )

Traore does, Cunha doesn't and it's semantics, you know that.

If you want to be pedantic it's no new player registrations where we've bought a current contract out. But that doesn't quite trip off the tongue.

Traore does, Cunha doesn't and it's semantics, you know that.

If you want to be pedantic it's no new player registrations where we've bought a current contract out. But that doesn't quite trip off the tongue.
Wasn't giving it as my opinion just how the club will portray it.

Not sure I buy in to the Guedes thing. He showed no interest in playing for us before Lopetegui turned up, don't see why he will now. Be mad to still have him with us come Sept 1, paying those wages

Where does this leave Hobbs? Feels like he's been left out on a limb. He did a good job in the January window but not sure he's equipped to be the head honcho. The appointment of Gaz is a bit concerning but maybe he has one arm tied behind his back. Anyway sounds like Fosun don't communicate much with their CEO.

Not sure I buy in to the Guedes thing. He showed no interest in playing for us before Lopetegui turned up, don't see why he will now. Be mad to still have him with us come Sept 1, paying those wages
Maybe he just needs different handling, perhaps a good old fashioned British kick up the arse will do him good😉......or maybe he's just really shit.

Where does this leave Hobbs? Feels like he's been left out on a limb. He did a good job in the January window but not sure he's equipped to be the head honcho. The appointment of Gaz is a bit concerning but maybe he has one arm tied behind his back. Anyway sounds like Fosun don't communicate much with their CEO.
He had both arms tied. Find a manager who is very cheap and will take whatever we hit him with and come back asking for more of it.

O'Rourke going with we tried to get Che Adams on loan, surprisingly Southampton with nothing to gain from that said no

The mystery as to what on earth the owners
are doing is very reminiscent of the Bhattis.

i’m not saying their motivations are the same, it’s just the first time since then that the fans know nothing of what’s going on and the owners don’t give a shit about that.

I eventually stopped going under Bhattis because I go to football for the hope and they took that away. I used to actively avoid seeing our result.

Fosun are pretty close to causing me to feel the same.

Not particularly bothered about 'losing' Sá though. Especially if we 'find' a cool £10M+ at the same time.
His missus is whinging again on social media about having to come back to Wolverhampton. Poor lass.

I'd rather go back to no rumours at all than what we've been linked to now.

Can we have any good news this week?

To answer the Hobbs question: he's spending all his time spinning around in Shi's big boy chair, lazily stamping official documents such as ones that read 'Mutual Termination Agreement' with one hand whilst googling South American prospects on his phone with the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back