• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
He went on loan on the day GO was essentially confirmed.
So either Hobbs wanted him out on loan or GO gave the thumbs up.
Who has spent zero days seeing him in training. IMO he has 3 weeks to decide who who rates and who he doesn't, there would in all likelihood still have been a Championship loan available at the end of the month. Just seems strange that Scott was a primary target yet someone a couple of years older who statistically played at a similar level in the same league in a similar position isn't given any opportunity.

Who has spent zero days seeing him in training. IMO he has 3 weeks to decide who who rates and who he doesn't, there would in all likelihood still have been a Championship loan available at the end of the month. Just seems strange that Scott was a primary target yet someone a couple of years older who statistically played at a similar level in the same league in a similar position isn't given any opportunity.
Hobbs decision then.
Timing of it can only be that. Clearly making room for signi....nope can't seriously type the end of that

No, don’t be silly, that could never happen!
You should read about the classified documents the US military has accidentally been sending to Mali...

Don't end your government channel email addresses in ".mail", kids.

He went on loan on the day GO was essentially confirmed.
So either Hobbs wanted him out on loan or GO gave the thumbs up.
They knew Lop was leaving, this is a club decision, nothing to do with either manager.

The general consensus on here at the end of last season was we had to ship out quite a few players (we have) and we needed to strengthen the squad (we haven`t). Just doesn`t bode well to me.

The window is still open but Julen is not here. The transfer policy can't have been the only issue between Lop and Fosun/Shi/whoever the fuck.
This absolutely.
The more you read the less likeable it seems Lopetegui was... Prickly, unapproachable, aloof, developer of cliques etc etc. and all this since May?

I'm not at all bothered about missing out on Scott. Overpriced, unproven, not needed...

We're good for attacking midfielders, we need a CB.

I agree in a sense. We have enough attacking midfielders who don't score or create. If we are spending 25m I'd expect to get someone who can chip in with 8/9 goals and 5/6 assists per year.

I don't think managers at Wolves have had much say in transfer policies at all. Not abnormal, most clubs do it and it makes sense, just we seem to be the only club where the whole structure is reliant on a super agent that we're willing to pay over the nose for his clients, then once we can't afford that, the well runs dries and we're in this situation. There was hope January window signalled a shift, but clearly not.

Jordao is back too .

Sure if they are our players we might as well use them .

Same with Bolla - if we're paying him then use him .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back