• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair this makes some sense.

If we knew Lop was off (it seems we did at least 10 days ahead of the departure) then it's fine to hold the deal until you know if his replacement actually wants Elvedi. No good spending money on him and O'Neil says "nah, not my kind of player".

It's not being done to specificially spite Lopetegui or for Xitter bantz.

Yup. As I said, wouldn’t be at all surprised to see Scott and Elvedi come in now.

To be fair this makes some sense.

If we knew Lop was off (it seems we did at least 10 days ahead of the departure) then it's fine to hold the deal until you know if his replacement actually wants Elvedi. No good spending money on him and O'Neil says "nah, not my kind of player".

It's not being done to specificially spite Lopetegui or for Xitter bantz.
If these signings (maybe plus a few others) come off, I don't understand why Lop would spit his dummy out in the first place.

If these signings (maybe plus a few others) come off, I don't understand why Lop would spit his dummy out in the first place.
Because he has ideas miles above his station, probably. And he thinks he was doing us a favour being here.

Same as Hoddle did on both counts, who also left months after he should have done if he wasn't happy, but Lopetegui will get away with it.

People are super bought into the "Jeff is an egomaniac" thing, aren't they?

He's either incompetent or he's secretly pulling all the strings, it can't be both.

The window is still open but Julen is not here. The transfer policy can't have been the only issue between Lop and Fosun/Shi/whoever the fuck.

I can absolutely cast iron guarantee you it does and has.
Go on then, I'm all ears.

No manager accepts being told who to play. It has 100% never happened at Wolves and it won't happen with Gary O'Neil either.

Because he has ideas miles above his station, probably. And he thinks he was doing us a favour being here.

Same as Hoddle did on both counts, who also left months after he should have done if he wasn't happy, but Lopetegui will get away with it.
Maybe. You think he wanted transfers of much higher quality? I suppose he does seem to have a massive ego.
Or could it be Shi just couldn't cope with such a strong character and wouldn't release funds till he got rid?

Maybe. You think he wanted transfers of much higher quality? I suppose he does seem to have a massive ego.
Or could it be Shi just couldn't cope with such a strong character and wouldn't release funds till he got rid?
He's the kind of bloke who if you bought him a Porsche would say he'd prefer a Ferrari.

Shi is rubbish at his job of course and Fosun don't understand how to run a club. Same applies as it did weeks or even months ago, we're paying for multiple mistakes from 2020-2022.

Consider how this all plays out if he just gets on with things, and then we get the news yesterday, but it's completely out of the blue. Who do you think would garner 99.9999% of the blame in that scenario? It would have looked odd but given the lack of incomings to this point I think even more folks would assume a massive fuck-up by Fosun (not like they don't have form).

Lop made the optics worse for himself by grabbing hold of the spotlight, something he absolutely did not need to do.

He's the kind of bloke who if you bought him a Porsche would say he'd prefer a Ferrari.

Shi is rubbish at his job of course and Fosun don't understand how to run a club. Same applies as it did weeks or even months ago, we're paying for multiple mistakes from 2020-2022.
It all seems bizarre to me, chase a coach for years, get your man, then not be able to work with him, a company as large and successful as Fosun will have a team of people checking into potential recruits surely to make sure they fit your requirements. Just shows how incompetent they are.
Anyway hes gone now, so I suppose any decent incomings are welcome (not Cresswell obvs)

Go on then, I'm all ears.

No manager accepts being told who to play. It has 100% never happened at Wolves and it won't happen with Gary O'Neil either.
Maybe not at Wolves but I know it has happened at Palace and Hull.

Consider how this all plays out if he just gets on with things, and then we get the news yesterday, but it's completely out of the blue. Who do you think would garner 99.9999% of the blame in that scenario? It would have looked odd but given the lack of incomings to this point I think even more folks would assume a massive fuck-up by Fosun (not like they don't have form).

Lop made the optics worse for himself by grabbing hold of the spotlight, something he absolutely did not need to do.
Oh I agree, JL has been an arse, I just can't see how it's been allowed to come to this.

The "chasing him for years" is a red herring for me. Just because we wanted him in 2016 and then again in 2022 doesn't mean we pined for him during all the intervening years.

As it turns out he was the right choice to dig us out of the hole we'd got ourselves into. I wouldn't say he was what they expected though.

It all seems bizarre to me, chase a coach for years, get your man, then not be able to work with him, a company as large and successful as Fosun will have a team of people checking into potential recruits surely to make sure they fit your requirements. Just shows how incompetent they are.
Anyway hes gone now, so I suppose any decent incomings are welcome (not Cresswell obvs)
I'm sure there are good folks at the club doing their damnedest.

It must be supremely difficult, I'd imagine. At a certain level you're not dealing with football managers anymore, you're dealing with ~celebrities~. I don't envy them, having to herd cats like that.

That said, I'd really appreciate it if they started doing a better job. :ROFLMAO:

Where has this "JL demanded Scott" thing come from anyhow? Seems odd the former Spain/ Real manager is keeping tabs on Championship teenagers

The "chasing him for years" is a red herring for me. Just because we wanted him in 2016 and then again in 2022 doesn't mean we pined for him during all the intervening years.

As it turns out he was the right choice to dig us out of the hole we'd got ourselves into. I wouldn't say he was what they expected though.
Just find it surprising they didn't know what they getting, it's not like his behaviour is a surprise, 10 minutes on the Internet will show his previous.
Right I'm done whingeing about him and Shi (for now) let's get on with the season and hope O'Neil isn't going to be an bad as we expect.

Where has this "JL demanded Scott" thing come from anyhow? Seems odd the former Spain/ Real manager is keeping tabs on Championship teenagers
The recruitment team, as was the case with J Gomes. They showed him the players that they were tracking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back