• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fosun have always given the manager the final say on players coming in. Scott was a Hobbs/Wolves target and Lop watched film of him and signed off on it.

No doubt O'Neil has been consulted on all our targets by now, said yes or no, and we'll continue with them now Lop has officially gone.

Of course it matters what he thinks.

We have a small budget, if we spend it all on players he doesn't like and so never uses then that would be ridiculous. He won't have the autonomy that Lopetegui or indeed Nuno had but you can't just hand players to managers and demand they pick them.

Look at Guedes. We were stupid enough to finally give in to Mendes but Lage and Davis hardly ever started him as he's wank. So we end up with a total deadweight who contributes zero.
Guedes proves the point you're arguing against. They've got track record of forcing on the manager any player, even shite like Guedes that even a completely hopeless Lage won't play.

Pretending the club that has led us to this current scenario has learnt from that deal is extreme optimism.

Wtf does that mean? Hope the little prick fucks off soon.

He's just saying that he's always on the winning team in training. He was doing similar last season I think.

Now O'Neil has a job the severance pay will be less, freeing up more funds...only half joking

Poncing the manager Bournemouth sacked and then losing out on our top* transfer target to them isn't a great look

*plan a/b, rather than plan free

Maybe they've decided we've got enough attacking midfielders who don't score or set up goals already?

If you gave me the choice between signing Scott and signing a CB, I suppose I'd choose the CB...

Looking more and more like neither, but hey ho.

Given what we now know the Cundle loan seems premature to me.
He went on loan on the day GO was essentially confirmed.
So either Hobbs wanted him out on loan or GO gave the thumbs up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back